C4 Forums | Control4

Best looking alarm siren, motion detector, glass break sensor

rf9000

All,

Good morning. I'm looking at what residential sirens, motion sensors, and glass break sensors to use for a new installation. Security products in general look old fashioned in my opinion, except for the newer stuff out, but all of these items seem to be wireless. We want wired solutions. We will have a DSC alarm system. So just wanted to get some ideas from you guys on any new and modern looking hardware. Everything is hard wired. Also have two locations outdoors for a couple outdoor sirens. Thanks in advance

Lastly, in a few locations where we didn't want added clutter with hardware, we ran the motion and glass break together to same location, and will use these: DSC BV500GB PIR Motion Detector & Glassbreak Sensor. We still have stand alone locations for separate motion and  separate glass break though, so looking for something modern that can be hard wired as previously stated. 

Have you looked at clare controls yet? They are sold by snapav and it is totally integratable with c4. It auto discovers and it literally take 2 min to integrate it into c4. There clareone panel is truly amazing. You Have to be a clare controls dealer but if your a c5 dealer then you will have no trouble
The first picture is clare alarm integrated into c4 and interacting with it on a 7" c4 touch screen. The second is there new video doorbell and the last 2 are of the clareone panel.

https://www.clarecontrols.com/f9d024e19425c5358325520a20db3946.jpg9798424909fdc970fee4003e52fb468c.jpg5cc6a5b35d1c8de957ac80440dbec220.jpgdbf20faf9164988e58fe76d41388ab05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention that clare controls has an awesome window door sensors that has grass break detection built in, so every window and door will alao.be protected from glass break. No more glass break detectors on the wall that only cover some windows. Now have every window and door covered with no extra sensors . Yes its a wireless sensor, but they also have a duel sensor that you can use wireless or wired. So if you have a wired system in place then you can use a 8 or 16 zone wired to wireless translator modular or even replace the sensors with wired new ones, recessed in the window or door or mounted on the frame. Basically clare controls made is supper easy for us integrators to get into the alarm business.

They even host the mid point between the clients location alarm and the monitoring company. Plus they work with so many different monitoring companies. (I use C.O.P.S personally) and your alarm client never has to know because when the alarm monitoring company calls. They say they Re from "your company name" . Just like most alarm companies, they all use 3rd party monitoring services.

4 hours ago, nwanerka said:

Have you looked at clare controls yet? They are sold by snapav and it is totally integratable with c4. It auto discovers and it literally take 2 min to integrate it into c4. There clareone panel is truly amazing. You Have to be a clare controls dealer but if your a c5 dealer then you will have no trouble

It appears that you are a generation ahead of us and are now using c5!

It appears that you are a generation ahead of us and are now using c5!
Lol. Yea sorry about that :-) its that experimental control 5, I was not supposed to talk about it because ita top secret. The new c5 is so top secret that control4 and snapav don't even know about it :-).

But yes I suck at typing on my phone lol

Thanks for the replies, but isn't it the old rule of thumb that if you can go wired, always go wired instead of wireless? I was more looking for the best looking modern sirens, glass breaks, motions, etc. All that stuff is usually so ugly so just seeing if there were cleaner and less visible solutions out there?

16 hours ago, dinom said:

Take a look at Qolsys IQ Panel 2+. I just installed and the hardware and interface is top notch. Integrates great with C4.  It’s also wireless, but I believe they also have a wired to wireless interface module you can use. 

Looked at this buts its the same old ugly glass breaks and motions

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.44.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.44.48 AM.png

Guys, I also notice on the combo unit I mentioned earlier, they make the DSC BV-501GB.This is the motion/glass combo that has a tamper switch too. The DSC BV-500GB has no tamper switch. Do I want this? I only have the typical 22-4 x 2 ran to these locations, one for the glass and one for the motion, does the tamper switch require extra wiring?

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2020 at 6:05 AM, rf9000 said:

Guys, I also notice on the combo unit I mentioned earlier, they make the DSC BV-501GB.This is the motion/glass combo that has a tamper switch too. The DSC BV-500GB has no tamper switch. Do I want this? I only have the typical 22-4 x 2 ran to these locations, one for the glass and one for the motion, does the tamper switch require extra wiring?

But they dont blend in, this is my opinion. They look like eyesores from the 80's. Everything else in the world is going so thin and modern, but security stuff looks old school, especially for the wired stuff which really makes no sense as the wired stuff can be the slimmest with no need for batteries, etc.. The new full wireless systems that are out like Simplisafe, etc have sleeker looking components then hardwired stuff of the big security manufacturers. Kinda weird.

9 hours ago, rf9000 said:

But they dont blend in, this is my opinion. They look like eyesores from the 80's. Everything else in the world is going so thin and modern, but security stuff looks old school, especially for the wired stuff which really makes no sense as the wired stuff can be the slimmest with no need for batteries, etc.. The new full wireless systems that are out like Simplisafe, etc have sleeker looking components then hardwired stuff of the big security manufacturers. Kinda weird.

Yeah but simplisafe can be beat with a simple radio on the same frequency being transmitted. Too low voltage to overcome interference if you know their frequency which is easy to find on fcc documents. 

I would say powerG is not bad looking, and their slimline sensors are getting pretty small.

Paradox is another option.

That said....OP is asking for HARDWIRED sensors - and for most panels, you can mix and match hardwire from most brands, including many '3rd party' brands to begin with.

So why is there a discussion on what wireless sensors are the prettiest 😋

For some more 'designed' hardwired sensors take a look at:

Paradox 460 motion

Paradox DG457 glass

Eaton motions sensors are more traditional but smaller and more 'clean'

System Sensor has a large lineup of a bit more modern looking sensors

Bosch has several more modern design devices as well.

'Course some of these are commercial level - so can come at premium prices

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.