C4 Forums | Control4

C4 & PC Control?

Gene

Now that Flash is gone and the application to interact with C4 on a PC (not mac) is no longer available, any ideas on C4 making PC app?  With Zoom so prevelant in the workplace and people spending more time in their home office, one would think they would have been ahead of the game not behind, but no replacement exists does it?  On a mac, you can use the C4 app, on a PC your out of luck.  I know their are some ways around it, but just having a simple app to control all the automation makes sense (and not composer home or pro).

I would imagine if you get a Mac with the new M1 chip you can run the C4 app on your Mac - the M1 runs all the other IOS apps natively.  But I haven't seen it run - has anyone tried?  The link for the M1 on the Apple site states (well down the page) that the M1 Mac runs all iPhone and iPad apps.

Phone and iPad apps

For the first time, you can run your favorite iPhone and iPad apps directly on Mac. That means more games to play. More content to watch. And more apps for all the things you love to do. They work and behave like true Mac apps — with a menu bar, support for resizable windows, mouse and trackpad control, and more. iPhone and iPad apps you purchased previously that are now available for Mac can simply be downloaded from your purchased list. And, of course, they’re available on the Mac App Store.

https://www.apple.com/mac/m1/

I agree that they should have replaced the PC app, or come out with a browser based "app".  Many of us use the Bluestacks emulator on a PC.  It works pretty well. And it doesn't appear to have any malware although they do show you ads for games.

From the title of this thread I though that this was going to be about C4 control of a PC.

55 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

+1 for webhooks - i have a webhook on my work computer that will turn off my music quickly if i get a call

I also use several webhooks to update things from Control4 to my Linux desktop (fan status, etc.).

They're great, about the only downside to them is that there's really no security (at least in the most used / common form).

Anyone can send to that webhook, and impersonate the system.

There are options for doing more secure webhooks, but that's another kettle of fish.

IMHO, inside my own network, I'll allow it.  I don't know if I'd set it up for a customer, especially to replace a Control4 device.

RyanE

5 minutes ago, RyanE said:

I also use several webhooks to update things from Control4 to my Linux desktop (fan status, etc.).

They're great, about the only downside to them is that there's really no security (at least in the most used / common form).

Anyone can send to that webhook, and impersonate the system.

There are options for doing more secure webhooks, but that's another kettle of fish.

IMHO, inside my own network, I'll allow it.  I don't know if I'd set it up for a customer, especially to replace a Control4 device.

RyanE

https/tls AND tokens....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.