C4 Forums | Control4

Apple Watch Support

C4 just dropped a new app and YT video to setup your Apple Watch with C4.

Does anyone have an idea how/what devices get selected for displaying on the Apple Watch? Like the most frequently used etc., currently I see devices of the same type (C4 outlet) show up in one room but not others. Curious how this is done, syncing settings in the app an disabling/reenabling the Apple Watch app didn’t appear to make a difference.

5 minutes ago, THE L1ZARD KING said:

C4 just dropped a new app and YT video to setup your Apple Watch with C4.

Does anyone have an idea how/what devices get selected for displaying on the Apple Watch? Like the most frequently used etc., currently I see devices of the same type (C4 outlet) show up in one room but not others. Curious how this is done, syncing settings in the app an disabling/reenabling the Apple Watch app didn’t appear to make a difference.

You should be seeing any favorited device in all favorited rooms that have a simple quick action associated with them (on/off, play, toggle).  If there is a device showing up in one favorited room but not the other, it's something we would like to look into.

7 minutes ago, yagrbomb said:

Have the app on my watch and favorites selected in IOS app but nothing is showing on my watch except the Red Control4 and time in upper right hand corner.  Any one else having this issue?IMG_0481.HEIC

Do any of your favorited rooms have a favorited device that can be toggled or have a quick action?

1 minute ago, yagrbomb said:

Yes, I have 3 favorite rooms with each room having favorite categories.

Categories like Watch, Security, Lighting, etc. won't show up on the watch.  You'll need to have specific devices.  A specific light, lock, or device as examples.

6 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Just went into the newly downloaded app to turn on the Apple Watch feature and it shows this (attached) ....funny thing, the watch is working....

IMG_0104.jpeg

Let me know if this persists.  It's definitely an odd one that I've never seen before.  We rely on Apple's device settings to communicate to us whether or not the app is installed.

10 minutes ago, DrGonzo65 said:

Mine says "No System" on the watch, even though my Control4 app on the phone says "enabled" for Apple Watch.

Will you first ensure that you have at least one favorited room.  If you do, would you mind sending me your log files?  I'll send you a message with my email address.

13 minutes ago, bnorman said:

Will you first ensure that you have at least one favorited room.  If you do, would you mind sending me your log files?  I'll send you a message with my email address.

did you see the update?  Once I forced close the C4 APP all was good upon relaunch. My fav rooms are showing.

Best to think of it like a multi page software keypad on your wrist.

Need to touch a "button" from the main room screen and have it execute without any other touching or prompting.
So favorited devices like: lights, scenes, channels, streaming services (Netflix), playlists, and executable experience buttons.

You do get custom button 'folders' which is nice. So you can change surround modes for example in a theater easily without digging down in the remote.

12 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Could it be I didn't read the instructions and first installed the watch app, then went back to the C4 app to turn it on?

No, I don't think that should have caused any problems.  If the watch app is installed when you enter the system details page on the phone, that should be properly reflected on the page you were seeing.

2 hours ago, bnorman said:

You should be seeing any favorited device in all favorited rooms that have a simple quick action associated with them (on/off, play, toggle).  If there is a device showing up in one favorited room but not the other, it's something we would like to look into.

You are correct, I misread the blog, only individual devices that have been favorited appear. I didn’t put that together, thank you for the clarification. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.