C4 Forums | Control4

WMS10-2 won't join mesh??

jevansoh

I have two Card Access WMS10-2 (no "ZP" in the model number) motion detectors and I have tried every single troubleshooting step and cannot get either of them to identify.

Since these aren't the "ZP" models, do I need an additional part to make them work, such as a Card Access Relay Module or something else?

What is the cheapest/easiest way I can get these to identify?

9 hours ago, jevansoh said:

I have two Card Access WMS10-2 (no "ZP" in the model number) motion detectors and I have tried every single troubleshooting step and cannot get either of them to identify.

Since these aren't the "ZP" models, do I need an additional part to make them work, such as a Card Access Relay Module or something else?

What is the cheapest/easiest way I can get these to identify?

These will never upgrade beyond there flashed firmware, so if u have an Embernet then u stuck with it, put it back to eBay or waste them!

What is Embernet exactly and how would I know if I have that?

A little off topic, but does anyone have any inexpensive recommendations for a motion sensor compatible with C4?

I tried the new Shelly 2 motion sensors and that was a nightmare and never did work right, so I'm looking for an inexpensive alternative if one exists.

Thanks.

On 11/30/2022 at 3:38 AM, Amr said:

These will never upgrade beyond there flashed firmware, so if u have an Embernet then u stuck with it, put it back to eBay or waste them!

Do you mean they won't automatically update or do you mean I'm unable to physically flash new firmware as well?

On 12/3/2022 at 5:49 PM, jevansoh said:

Do you mean they won't automatically update or do you mean I'm unable to physically flash new firmware as well?

Yep, get the ZP version, I love these, works great and my favorite ones, nothing wrong with the others, but I prefer these over anything else.

The reason I tried the Shelly Motion 2's was because they don't go to sleep and worked instantly on motion detection, when they worked at all.

Do the Card Access ones go to sleep?  If so, how long do they take to "wake" and how long does the battery last?

I need a light to come on the instant motion is detected, or at least as fast as possible.

Have you tried any other motion sensors to compare to, and if so, you recommend the Card Access ones over everything else?

Thanks.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:46 PM, jevansoh said:

The reason I tried the Shelly Motion 2's was because they don't go to sleep and worked instantly on motion detection, when they worked at all.

Do the Card Access ones go to sleep?  If so, how long do they take to "wake" and how long does the battery last?

I need a light to come on the instant motion is detected, or at least as fast as possible.

Have you tried any other motion sensors to compare to, and if so, you recommend the Card Access ones over everything else?

Thanks.

Hello, yes, I tried most brands, the CA one is instant, never failed me once and have much better battery consumption (9v), the Axxess motion sensor is very good as well, I use the 360 degrees one and the regular to automate room actions, instant as well, but battery 🪫 faster than the CA one!

I used other motion sensors before like Sonoff and IKEA, ZB3 with ZB2MQTT, but I don’t advise this route as drivers are not maintained anymore.

On 12/11/2022 at 12:25 AM, Amr said:

Hello, yes, I tried most brands, the CA one is instant, never failed me once and have much better battery consumption (9v), the Axxess motion sensor is very good as well, I use the 360 degrees one and the regular to automate room actions, instant as well, but battery 🪫 faster than the CA one!

I used other motion sensors before like Sonoff and IKEA, ZB3 with ZB2MQTT, but I don’t advise this route as drivers are not maintained anymore.

Thanks for the info.

I'll start looking on eBay for replacements now.

Thanks again,

--J

We also use the 360 access motion sensors for our show room to automate for guests visiting our demo rooms. they are instant activations after the sleep time. You can set the sleep time in the driver as little as 1 miniute maybe less. Although I can't think of many use cases that you would need motion detection less than each miniute.

On 12/14/2022 at 11:44 AM, Matt Lowe said:

We also use the 360 access motion sensors for our show room to automate for guests visiting our demo rooms. they are instant activations after the sleep time. You can set the sleep time in the driver as little as 1 miniute maybe less. Although I can't think of many use cases that you would need motion detection less than each miniute.

I'm not wanting a longer sleep time, rather I'm wanting an instant response/instant wake when the device happens to be in sleep mode.  I've had other motion detectors in the past that don't wake up and activate until I've already crossed the room and am in another room, and don't want that delay.  

If you sell these and can recommend them, please PM me with a quote for two to try and see how I like them before ordering for the rest of the house.

I'm having an impossible time finding the Card Access in stock anywhere.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, jevansoh said:

I'm not wanting a longer sleep time, rather I'm wanting an instant response/instant wake when the device happens to be in sleep mode.  I've had other motion detectors in the past that don't wake up and activate until I've already crossed the room and am in another room, and don't want that delay.  

If you sell these and can recommend them, please PM me with a quote for two to try and see how I like them before ordering for the rest of the house.

I'm having an impossible time finding the Card Access in stock anywhere.

Thanks!

These are not available new, and currently no used stock on eBay as well, you better go with the Nice or Axxess ones.  Also some people reported Philips Hue ones are great option and C4 driver available as well.

I'm not "stuck" on anything, actually.  I'm also not just trying to find "cheap stuff."

My requirements are simply a fast response time, fast wake from sleep, and long battery life, along with working 100% of the time and not "missing" any motion events.

So it looks like Nyce is a favorite and Philips Hue is an option.

Does anyone know the cost for the driver for Nyce/Philips Hue?

Any further recommendations from your own experience are much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 2:19 AM, jevansoh said:

Would this model from Amazon work?

Nyce NCZ-3041-HA ZigBee Wireless Motion Sensor

https://www.amazon.com/NYCE-NCZ-3041-HA-ZigBee-Motion-Sensor/dp/B00W4C8JAK

About this item

Verified Compatible with: Smartthings, Zipato, Telegesis, (more to come...)

Long Battery Life (up to 5 years), Three color LED event indication

ZigBee protocal HA1.2 Communication . Detection range : 90° cone 16 ft

Reports Occupancy / Vacancy Status, Reports Temperature (±0.5C) and Humidity (±4% RH)

***** NOT Compatible with Control4 *****

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.