C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa skill not linking

I’ve been using the Alexa skill without issue for a number of years. With a recent upgrade and overhaul of things I foolishly de-enabled the Control4 skill on Alexa. I’ve been trying for a few days but I can’t get it to reconnect. This is critical functionality in our house so any suggestions are appreciated.

I always had trouble each time I changed things around, and I can't remember any exact path I followed to get everything to work,
But,
If you try from both sides, it usually resolved things for me.

ie:
Remove and redescover devices from the Alexa side - I used to use the website, but I think they force you to use the App and/device now.

Then also make sure each device/scene is ticked in the C4 web site under voice control.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue twice a year despite my subscription being up to date. The Alexa linkage stopped working, again,  2 days ago. I have rebooted the Alexa and the control4 hardware and reinstalled both apps but still cannot get the Alexa skill to link to control4.

14 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I have the same issue twice a year despite my subscription being up to date. The Alexa linkage stopped working, again,  2 days ago. I have rebooted the Alexa and the control4 hardware and reinstalled both apps but still cannot get the Alexa skill to link to control4.

Known issue at this point in time. See post under status updates for more info.

Strangely, it only impacts some users.

Edited by South Africa C4 user

Thanks for posting.
I just tried to reset by diabling the skill and enabling again, but all I get is:

"We are experiencing a problem connecting with the skill to link your account"
"You can try linking your account again by visiting the Control4 skill page"

I'm assuming the problem you mentioned is my problem...
will try again tomorrow.

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

I have having issue connecting Alexa to our showroom project. it shows devices unresponsive for all C4 devices in alexa app.

I have successfully connected Google home but alexa just wont connect. i have tried factory resetting alexa, deleting app and disabling skills and enabling it multiple times to no avail.

Can we have any resolution ?

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.