C4 Forums | Control4

Luma Insight Bridge Released

RAV

Luma Insight Bridge now available.
(AI processor to handle people and vehicle detection through specific cameras, log, and send still notifications that link to actual clips through Control4 app)

$1200, Includes 3 year Subscription of Luma Insight
Manages 4 Cameras, 4 zones per camera
Requires Control4 3.4+
Requires Active 4 Sight as well
X10 and X20 Luma Cameras, and Chime Video Doorbell

7 Days to the Cloud
Customer control of notifications on/off
Setup through OVRC

Cost of subscription renewal not announced
There will be tier offerings, so planning additional abilities

Push includes a snapshot, tap opens clip directly in C4 app. Review, save, share clips.
See past events in Control4 GUI History section on touchscreens and apps. (Neither says yes or no to TV GUI)

Looks like a core processor - power, ethernet, usb port because.

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Been using it for a few weeks!  It’s really accurate.  A really amazing product

awesome - was curious to see how well this device would allow for the AI functions for identifying people, cars, etc.  Want to get some of that setup in the new year.  Just wish it was a bit less expensive or handled more than 4 IP cameras.  Hopefully there will be someone that does a product demo video on it in future. 

3 hours ago, GregCAMS said:

awesome - was curious to see how well this device would allow for the AI functions for identifying people, cars, etc.  Want to get some of that setup in the new year.  Just wish it was a bit less expensive or handled more than 4 IP cameras.  Hopefully there will be someone that does a product demo video on it in future. 

I can say that it is awesome as well. It is very fast and its great to finally have video playback in the control4 app. The features at release are really great and they plan to keep improving it with more software features and updates. It is limited to 4 cameras, but for how fast it recognizes and positively identifies objects it's worth it. For the entire time I have had it false notifications have been really limited to challenging night scenes with multiple objects. So a person may have activated the event but because there is a car that is closer it might say it was the car that was the trigger rather than the person. Keep an eye on our patreon we will have a video showcasing its features and how to use and program it in control4 yourself with just composer home with limited involvement from a dealer.

https://www.patreon.com/waltstv

I have all X10 cameras and recently upgraded the NVR to the LUM-220-NVR-16CH.  For the past 3 weeks the LUMA View app is giving 'Offline' or false 'Intrusion' messages.  At first these errors were only happening every 3-4 days.  Now they happen every day 8-12 times per day with the Offline messages.  Sometimes when I go into the Luma View app 1 of the stated cameras shows as offline (still shows online in C4 app) while other times they still show online.  My integrator seems to not have a clue how to integrate the two since it's observed as trial and error or on the phone with Snap support only for the issue to keep recurring.  Hoping to get this resolved before looking at the Luma Bridge device sometime next year.

20 minutes ago, Alt said:

If one already has a New NVR LUM-220 or LUM-420 with x20 cameras in the project what does this add besides cloud recordings? Is this intended for customers without an NVR?  

Programmless notifications. And video playback in the c4 app

We had this discussion this morning.

I think the cloud save needs to be 30 days of events, then it would open up more projects. And I suspect that's why there is the alluded to tier subscription model.
Clients tend to vacation for more than 7 days, and while yes they'll get notifications, they don't want to be bothered to review them and worry about the house.

-> Can someone confirm that when the client turns off notifications through the Insight/Control4 integration, it doesn't stop the history and recording of events, it just halts the push.

Agree it's confusing.

Here's how I see it, and I understand it's redundant in ways, trying to figure it out myself to explain it to clients.

An NVR is a vault. Large long term PRIVATE storage.
Insight is a user interface. Easy access.
Cameras are the data source for both.

If you built Insight into the NVR, you'd be essentially building a gaming computer. Processor for this, another for that. Ram for this, storage for that. And you'd have a possibly less secure storage as it's now cloud connected, which many don't want.

By making it two boxes, you have options for different client needs. Maybe front outside cameras are OK with them for the cloud review, while keeping inside and pool area only private local storage. Some clients may be fine with all cloud and a few cameras, no NVR required. Others, all private. Two boxes, you have all the options.

Without a cloud storage connection, you'd have a slower client interface, which is what you have now with an x20 NVR. So yes, that's redundant. But Luma isn't as slick an interface, and by it's nature closed to the Control4 system for review.

Somebody other than the vault needs to hold the short term clips for quick access. These short term clips need to be accessed by multiple interfaces. In house, by the Control4 system. Clients out of house, by an app. And ability to send to clients, share and easily archive. As it's more likely to be accessed by people when they're not home, it makes sense to have them in the cloud, rather than local storage. And being real, there's a revenue stream created there, the worlds going there.

On 11/15/2023 at 11:03 AM, RAV said:

-> Can someone confirm that when the client turns off notifications through the Insight/Control4 integration, it doesn't stop the history and recording of events, it just halts the push.

Confirmed they only thing they turn off in the app is the actually push notifications. The history agent does its thing as it does now with compatible cameras and security devices.

2 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

Confirmed they only thing they turn off in the app is the actually push notifications. The history agent does its thing as it does now with compatible cameras and security devices.

Thanks.
Can clients delete them from the cloud/history? or they're there for the 7 days. (pretty sure many states now want clients to be able to clear cloud stuff on demand)

18 minutes ago, TundraSonic said:

I'm struggling with the value here. This seems much less capable than either Security Spy or Blue Iris, costs multiples more initially and recurring, and all for only 4 cameras.  What am I missing?

The customer that this appeals to doesn't want to mess with blue Iris 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.