C4 Forums | Control4

One additional finding I've noticed in the newest firmware in particular on screen display (using my phone) is that whereas I used to be able to see every light by bringing up lights, now only the lights associated to that room (controlled in Composer of course) show in each room.  Is there a way to see all lights on one screen other than adding every light to every room in Composer?

10 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

One additional finding I've noticed in the newest firmware in particular on screen display (using my phone) is that whereas I used to be able to see every light by bringing up lights, now only the lights associated to that room (controlled in Composer of course) show in each room.  Is there a way to see all lights on one screen other than adding every light to every room in Composer?

What you noticed is that it reset to default of showing roo - there's a toggle at the top for room or all (and those stripes in the middle will toggle any load vs only loads that are on)

11 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

When I go to Lighting for a room, at the bottom of the screen I see a selection for Room and All. Room being Room only lights and All being all lights. 

21 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

What you noticed is that it reset to default of showing roo - there's a toggle at the top for room or all (and those stripes in the middle will toggle any load vs only loads that are on)

duh.... just saw that at the bottom.  It must have reset with latest update as I have several rooms where I do keep all of the lights visible for ease.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately it still does not work for a remote site for me. I cannot connect to our vacation home from our primary residence despite both locations being fully updated and running the newest version of Composer HE. It doesn't work using the remote option and it doesn't work using the local option (the homes are connected through a vpn via Unifi Site Magic configuration). I'm running Composer HE in parallels on a Mac. When I try the local connection it just fails. When I try the remote connection it just hangs saying it is connecting. Over the past couple weeks sometimes I got it to connect but mostly not just very unreliable but this morning I have spent over an hour fiddling with this stupid thing - I've restarted computers and controllers tried multiple computers, etc etc. nothing - very disappointing. Over the past few weeks, I have gotten a notification of a security threat block once or twice from unifi that appears to be associated with trying to connect and I have cleared those by bypassing/allowing the "threat" in the unifi security settings so I don't think this is a firewall issue. This is extremely frustrating - HE worked fine before 3.4.1 remotely and locally. Finally locally works but still not working remotely. I hope this issue is resolved very soon. Now, if anyone else can get remote to work reliably in Composer HE I would like to know that in case the issue is a networking setting on my end.....otherwise I hope this gets fixed fast because it is very frustrating.

Edited by Dueport

1 hour ago, Dueport said:

Unfortunately it still does not work for a remote site for me. I cannot connect to our vacation home from our primary residence despite both locations being fully updated and running the newest version of Composer HE. It doesn't work using the remote option and it doesn't work using the local option (the homes are connected through a vpn via Unifi Site Magic configuration). I'm running Composer HE in parallels on a Mac. When I try the local connection it just fails. When I try the remote connection it just hangs saying it is connecting. Over the past couple weeks sometimes I got it to connect but mostly not just very unreliable but this morning I have spent over an hour fiddling with this stupid thing - I've restarted computers and controllers tried multiple computers, etc etc. nothing - very disappointing. Over the past few weeks, I have gotten a notification of a security threat block once or twice from unifi that appears to be associated with trying to connect and I have cleared those by bypassing/allowing the "threat" in the unifi security settings so I don't think this is a firewall issue. This is extremely frustrating - HE worked fine before 3.4.1 remotely and locally. Finally locally works but still not working remotely. I hope this issue is resolved very soon. Now, if anyone else can get remote to work reliably in Composer HE I would like to know that in case the issue is a networking setting on my end.....otherwise I hope this gets fixed fast because it is very frustrating.

If i ever encounter a comms problem like this, i find often the best way forward is to go back to basics and begin by ruling things out. In this case, are you sure that the remote location is able to communicate back to your network? VPN traffic relies heavily on routing so even though you can communicate one way, it does not mean that the route back is open. This can be as simple as an incorrect gateway configured on the other side or (more complex) firewalling. Ideally, opening up a terminal session on the controller and pinging the laptop HE is running is a good enough test or alternatively, another remote device on the same subnet to test from.

21 minutes ago, Popolou said:

If i ever encounter a comms problem like this, i find often the best way forward is to go back to basics and begin by ruling things out. In this case, are you sure that the remote location is able to communicate back to your network? VPN traffic relies heavily on routing so even though you can communicate one way, it does not mean that the route back is open. This can be as simple as an incorrect gateway configured on the other side or (more complex) firewalling. Ideally, opening up a terminal session to the controller and pinging the laptop HE is running is a good enough test or alternatively, another remote device on the same subnet to test from.

Thank you for you message - yes I've confirmed that I can ping the controller (and all other devices) at the remote location. Importantly neither local nor remote works - in Composer HE if I try to connect to the remote property using the remote option that doesn't work, and if I try the local option Composer HE sees the remote controller locally but won't connect. When I go to the remote house physically and sit on that network I can connect fine locally to that controller so I know the remote house controller is fine. If this was simply a vpn issue it would make sense that I can't connect but the fact that both remote and local options don't work in Composer HE for a remote site makes me think there's more going on than just a network settings issue because the remote connection should work regardless (and it did perfectly before the 3.4.1 update so that again points to more than a bad network setting I think).

Edited by Dueport

Sure, but i meant can you initiate the ping back through the tunnel from the remote site to the local site, i.e to the laptop running HE. The trouble you are describing is a classic routing issue. The remote option within HE relies on the gateway. So do successful VPN connections. This suggests to me an area common between them that i would begin to investigate.

3 hours ago, Popolou said:

Sure, but i meant can you initiate the ping back through the tunnel from the remote site to the local site, i.e to the laptop running HE. The trouble you are describing is a classic routing issue. The remote option within HE relies on the gateway. So do successful VPN connections. This suggests to me an area common between them that i would begin to investigate.

I see thank you I'm sorry I misunderstood that was a good idea but I am able to ping from the remote network into the computer running composer so I don't think that's it

1 hour ago, drmark12pa said:

Remote Composer does not work with the latest version which has been the case for well over a month 

My understanding is Composer HE remote connection has been broken far longer than 3.4.0. Someone commented here that it's a cloud service issue not Composer.