C4 Forums | Control4

1 hour ago, BDavisNJ said:

I have heard that many users reported issues with Composer HE accessing the Director after the most recent upgrade to 3.4.1.  Can any users, please, confirm that this issue is fully resolved and that Composer HE is fully compatible with the C4 upgrade.  Kind regards

It is definitely not resolved and is becoming quite an annoyance. 

16 hours ago, msgreenf said:

it's broken...I have reported it to my contacts at c4

Update: Maybe it was broken Sunday at some point but my issue was also a registration problem due to my dealer trying to rollback the controller to 3.4.0 due to the bug. When/Then works for me now. 

On 1/25/2024 at 6:02 PM, Darin, PM C4 CX Platform said:

I just spoke with the Composer team and it sounds like if testing goes well then a new update should be rolling out next week that will resolve the issue with Composer HE and OS 3.4.1

Will the update be automatic, Composer HE update (new download), or is it something that dealer would have to update firmware?

9 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

Will the update be automatic, Composer HE update (new download), or is it something that dealer would have to update firmware?

Chances are it'll be a composerHE update, not a system update, in which case composer will tell you upon opening that a new version is available.

4 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Not sure anyone else noticed but my apple watch ultra 2 is so much faster, more stable, and there is now session/transport controls with volume!

Glad you noticed the Apple Watch updates!

Composer HE will be a regular update that your notified of on launch it is in beta now and should be out to production relatively soon. I'm not sure of the exact ETA though.

A couple additional issues surfaced during the beta for the new Composer HE, so those are being addressed now with a new HE build that should go out for testing soon. We'll be rolling the HE update out once testing and validation pass successfully. We have also identified the gap in testing that allowed this to slip out in an unfunctional state and have updated our testing/release process for HE to ensure this shouldn't happen again in the future. 

On 2/9/2024 at 8:53 PM, Darin, PM C4 CX Platform said:

Composer HE is expected to release on 2/23/2024, if no additional critical issues are found. If any of you would like early access then DM me and I can get you a copy of the beta version for use/testing.

In testing the new version, it doesn't appear that remote connection is connecting.  It appears to more or less timeout.... I'll try another network remotely to see if that is the case.

25 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

In testing the new version, it doesn't appear that remote connection is connecting.  It appears to more or less timeout.... I'll try another network remotely to see if that is the case.

Confirmed its an issue

I got the new composer HE Beta version 3.4.17013 and had same issue, reports error :-

"Could not authenticate connection to director 192.xxx.xxx.xxx common casue incorrect time / date on the contrliler or on othe computer running composer "

Did any one  else try and have a better result ?

4 hours ago, oasisferine said:

I got the new composer HE Beta version 3.4.17013 and had same issue, reports error :-

"Could not authenticate connection to director 192.xxx.xxx.xxx common casue incorrect time / date on the contrliler or on othe computer running composer "

Did any one  else try and have a better result ?

Beta is working great for me.