C4 Forums | Control4

On 1/11/2024 at 5:47 PM, Darin, PM C4 CX,UI said:

The bug in 3.4.1 Composer HE will impact all systems running OS 3.4.1 currently.  The team that works on Composer believes they have found the root cause and they should have a patch out soon.

Have there been any updates on a fix?  I was hoping to do some programming this holiday weekend.

On 1/10/2024 at 10:04 PM, drmark12pa said:

Interesting... I just noticed the EA5 version is different than the Composer version.... 

Composer versions (Pro or HE) do not need to match system versions at all. While there is usually a 3.x.x version that matches the latest 3.x.x version for those main digits, build versions are quite separate: they've stopped updating every build version of composer to merely match build version of the system OS (or the other way around) many years ago now

7 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Composer versions (Pro or HE) do not need to match system versions at all. While there is usually a 3.x.x version that matches the latest 3.x.x version for those main digits, build versions are quite separate: they've stopped updating every build version of composer to merely match build version of the system OS (or the other way around) many years ago now

I just reinstalled Composer HE 3.4.0 and when trying to connect to my 3.4.1 system it says "Update Composer to match project version" and won't let me connect. 

It's a real bummer HE isn't working with the update. Seems like a pretty massive bug to have missed QA. 

3 minutes ago, dblessing said:

I just reinstalled Composer HE 3.4.0 and when trying to connect to my 3.4.1 system it says "Update Composer to match project version" and won't let me connect. 

It's a real bummer HE isn't working with the update. Seems like a pretty massive bug to have missed QA. 

Major versions need to be at least the version of the system.. So, For OS 3.3.0, you need at least Composer 3.3.0 (at least with Pro). So you'd need HE 3.4.1 or later. The main improvement is that Composer can be a newer version and work with an older controller though

7 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

Major versions need to be at least the version of the system.. So, For OS 3.3.0, you need at least Composer 3.3.0 (at least with Pro). So you'd need HE 3.4.1 or later. The main improvement is that Composer can be a newer version and work with an older controller though

Interesting. Doesn't seem very useful tbh. I doubt many Composer HE people download the newer software before their dealer updates their controller. Most probably update HE in response to trying to connect to their already updated system. Anyway, hope they get a fix out ASAP. I have a brand new house that I'm itching to program. 

14 minutes ago, dblessing said:

Interesting. Doesn't seem very useful tbh. I doubt many Composer HE people download the newer software before their dealer updates their controller. Most probably update HE in response to trying to connect to their already updated system. Anyway, hope they get a fix out ASAP. I have a brand new house that I'm itching to program. 

I could be wrong, but I'd expect the behavior between pro and home to be the same.

1 hour ago, Andrew luecke said:

I could be wrong, but I'd expect the behavior between pro and home to be the same.

It is and yes you must be on a matching (first 3 sets of numbers, not build number) OR higher to connect to a system.

Just so that I make sure I am following this thread correctly, right now, if I were to have my dealer install 3.4.1,  I would not be able to connect with HE, but a fix is on the way? 

Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, BY96 said:

Just so that I make sure I am following this thread correctly, right now, if I were to have my dealer install 3.4.1,  I would not be able to connect with HE, but a fix is on the way? 

Thanks! 

Yes 

I have a interesting "situation" after upgrading to 3.4.1.

Firstly 99.9% is working in composer everything is accessible changes can be made AV working, zigbee, composer all good. The "interesting" part is I have two EA 5 x 3 CA 1s. On all my controllers but the director the on screen navigator is working. On the one EA 5 which is the director I get a Control4 message on screen saying "starting apps" and doesn't go away, have rebooted the controller twice, have left it for 24hrs to start its apps but it just hangs on this msg when I try use the on screen navigator on this EA5 (which is the director). 

Any suggestions? 

Hmmm… interesting.  My OSDs are taking much longer to load (after refreshing navigators) on OS3.4.1

May well be related.

T4s - 40 seconds (OK but was under 30 seconds on OS3.4.0)

EA1s - 2 - 5 minutes (compared to under 1 minute on OS3.4.0)

EA5 and core 5 - haven’t tested yet but will.

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Hmmm… interesting.  My OSDs are taking much longer to load (after refreshing navigators) on OS3.4.1

May well be related.

T4s - 40 seconds (OK but was under 30 seconds on OS3.4.0)

EA1s - 2 - 5 minutes (compared to under 1 minute on OS3.4.0)

EA5 and core 5 - haven’t tested yet but will.

My other EA5 and EA1s working fine it's just my one EA5 which is the director as well that keeps showing "starting apps". Reboots not helping so there must be something.... 

18 hours ago, dblessing said:

Does anyone know how fast C4 could potentially turn around a release? Assuming they find and fix the bug quickly, what does their process look like?

Hoping for a release in days, not weeks. 

Depends on the cause, priority and the impact of the bug.

Is anyone noticing Zwave issues since the update right before this one?  My neighbor is running a Core 3 and has all Zwave switches. When his system got iograded to the release pre this release his Zwave dimmer switches no longer work properly. He turns them on at the switch itself and within like 30 seconds they turn themselves off. His normal Zwave on/off switches don’t have an issue. Seems to be unique to dimmers only. Other than the two uogrades and the Zwave driver update from August nothing has changed on his system. He had his system upgraded to this latest version hoping it would resolve the issue, but it didn’t. If he unplugs his Core 3 and then tries to use the dimmer switches they work properly. Also if he doesn’t touch the switch at all and controls the lights on those dimmers just from the C4 app there is no issue. 

Unless it's just me, When/Then also appears to be broken today. I tried two different browers on two different OS's - Windows and Mac. I get different errors different times the page loads. What an absolute mess right now.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 2.43.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 2.45.04 PM.png

28 minutes ago, dblessing said:

Unless it's just me, When/Then also appears to be broken today. I tried two different browers on two different OS's - Windows and Mac. I get different errors different times the page loads. What an absolute mess right now.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 2.43.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 2.45.04 PM.png

What control4 OS are you running?

Also, maybe try wiping your cache

13 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

What control4 OS are you running?

Also, maybe try wiping your cache

3.4.1. Do I take that to mean it's working for you currently? Tried a brand new browser that I've never used to access Control4. This also worked fine as of last Saturday. 

2 hours ago, dblessing said:

3.4.1. Do I take that to mean it's working for you currently? Tried a brand new browser that I've never used to access Control4. This also worked fine as of last Saturday. 

I had odd issues today with Somfy and TiVo mid day, wonder if there was a cloud outage somewhere for a brief time.  TiVo and Somfy are back to normal.

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

it's broken...I have reported it to my contacts at c4

So glad to know it’s not just me. I’m a new customer and it’s been rocky. But I never quite know if it’s me, my system, C4, etc. 

I have heard that many users reported issues with Composer HE accessing the Director after the most recent upgrade to 3.4.1.  Can any users, please, confirm that this issue is fully resolved and that Composer HE is fully compatible with the C4 upgrade.  Kind regards