C4 Forums | Control4

Halo 1.7 Firmware

Just got this photo of the network error but look at the signal indicator. Full bars.
UniFi currently shows it’s connected with excellent signal and no recent disconnects  

🤔 So strange. 

Totally anecdotal but it seems like at/below 50% battery is when these errors start  

IMG_1519.jpeg

7 hours ago, dblessing said:

Just got this photo of the network error but look at the signal indicator. Full bars.
UniFi currently shows it’s connected with excellent signal and no recent disconnects  

Suggest you have one of the experts here look at your compete network configuration. I know, I know….but its almost certainly a network issue at this point.

3 hours ago, C4 User said:

Suggest you have one of the experts here look at your compete network configuration. I know, I know….but its almost certainly a network issue at this point.

Even if it’s a network issue, I would think Halo could be graceful. Reconnect and start working again eventually. It’s odd that a brief network failure is fatal. 

While certainly possible, it would also be extremely coincidental that I started having issues the day or two after 1.7 installed. 

Just now, mbushardjr said:

I am wondering if the sleep/wake can be an option to turn on/off? I ask because my household doesn't like the 10ish second waking from sleep wait time. I know that helps with battery life, but we are in the habit of charging every day anyhow. 

Same here.

On 3/23/2024 at 2:14 PM, dblessing said:

Even if it’s a network issue, I would think Halo could be graceful. Reconnect and start working again eventually. It’s odd that a brief network failure is fatal. 

While certainly possible, it would also be extremely coincidental that I started having issues the day or two after 1.7 installed. 

I have this issue too. I had no problems before the firmware update and now regularly I get this network issue. I have to leave it for 30 seconds or so and it reconnects.

Sometimes it reconnects and then just won’t work. it will turn the tv and source on then nothing else. You have to leave it for a few seconds for it to almost boot up and then it works again. 

• 1 month later...

Have 4 separate remotes, adding to a system fresh out the box….everything works fine for 30 seconds.  Then it forces a firmware upgrade and none of them will reconnect too Wi-Fi . The network was fine for 30 seconds and to download the firmware but after that it says “poor signal/ can’t connect to network”, then gives a reboot option…

Any ideas?? It’s killing me