C4 Forums | Control4

BBC Radio Stations Driver

BBC Radio Stations Driver

Tk9qEFj.png

It's free and it uses the BBC streams that were provided earlier. It provides the following stations:

* BBC Radio 1
* BBC Radio 2
* BBC Radio 3
* BBC Radio 4
* BBC Radio 4 Extra
* BBC Radio 5 Live
* BBC Radio 6 Music
* BBC Radio Asian Network
* BBC Radio 1 Xtra
* BBC Radio World Service

Obviously, if those streams go down the driver won't work (and therefore there is no guarantee of uptime) but for now, I believe it's the best option out there.

28 minutes ago, ::::Jim:::: said:

This is good news as I use Radio 2 as my morning alarm. Thank you for making the driver. Is this something I can do as an end user or what do I need to telll my installer (I'd be grateful if you could spell it out as he isn't a spring chicken!!!)

kind regards,

Jim

PM me and we can try and get you running :) 

Shivam,

Many thanks for making this available. I have used Radio 4 on TuneIn as my morning alarm until they stopped providing it.

I have successfully installed your driver and I can use it to select music to listen to and it all works. However, it does not appear in the list of source media that I can select from in the Wakeup/Goodnight agent. Do you know if this is possible and if so I'd be really grateful if you could point me in the right direction to configure it. I am using Composer Pro 2.10.6

Kind regards,

Anthony

4 minutes ago, Anthony Mckay said:

Shivam,

Many thanks for making this available. I have used Radio 4 on TuneIn as my morning alarm until they stopped providing it.

I have successfully installed your driver and I can use it to select music to listen to and it all works. However, it does not appear in the list of source media that I can select from in the Wakeup/Goodnight agent. Do you know if this is possible and if so I'd be really grateful if you could point me in the right direction to configure it. I am using Composer Pro 2.10.6

Kind regards,

Anthony

I’ve not implemented that (yet, maybe, not sure atm, depends how long it lasts). You can use C4 programming. 

On Wake Up begins and then using the programming command available to start a station a room.  

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

? OK....still don't understand the need for it as there is an iHeart native driver?

No idea personally, never used iHeart.

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

PS understand that I'm NOT saying the BBC driver you made isn't needed - that thing is a great piece of work.

Yeah no probs 🙂

22 hours ago, Shivam Paw said:

I’ve not implemented that (yet, maybe, not sure atm, depends how long it lasts). You can use C4 programming. 

On Wake Up begins and then using the programming command available to start a station a room.  

Thanks Shivam. Did what you suggested and it’s all working nicely. Once again I am waking up to the calm voices of the Today programme on BBC Radio 4 😀

1 hour ago, McB said:

Hi

Thanks so much for doing this as I have lost all my favourite BBC stations. But I am a novice and don't know how to install your drivers. If you had time, could you explain?!  Thanks. Richard

you need a dealer to install it.  I am happy to help - message me

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.