C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev - Apple TV tvOS13 IP Driver

IntrinsicGroup

17 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Auto-update is currently a feature reserved for C4's own drivers.  Some third parties implement it but C4 are not keen on this.  We've been told an official auto-update tool is being discussed.

Really? Virtually every third party driver that I use has an auto update option.

Does any one encounter an issue after Apple pushed 13.4.6 TvOS update? My Intrinsic driver is totally unstable, breaks a lot and ATV are useless now! I opened a support ticket hopefully I get a response soon ...

Does any one encounter an issue after Apple pushed 13.4.5 TvOS update? My Intrinsic driver is totally unstable, breaks a lot and ATV are useless now! I opened a support ticket hopefully I get a response soon ...
What driver version are you on?

7 hours ago, Amr said:

Does any one encounter an issue after Apple pushed 13.4.5 TvOS update? My Intrinsic driver is totally unstable, breaks a lot and ATV are useless now! I opened a support ticket hopefully I get a response soon ...

Hi Amr, looks like our team replied to your ticket about an hour before this post.  The driver is fully compatible with tvOS 13.4.5 with hundreds of installations on this build around the globe.  They’ve asked you to submit logs via the support ticket as it sounds like there is something in your particular setup that is causing the issue.

2 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Hi Amr, looks like our team replied to your ticket about an hour before this post.  The driver is fully compatible with tvOS 13.4.5 with hundreds of installations on this build around the globe.  They’ve asked you to submit logs via the support ticket as it sounds like there is something in your particular setup that is causing the issue.

Yes and thanks, I felt like am the only one with this issue, am working with Tim on it, hopefully we know where the issue with my system is.

On 6/4/2020 at 3:09 AM, msgreenf said:
On 6/4/2020 at 2:38 AM, Amr said:

What driver version are you on?

Version: 200518

I still have this issue everytime I have to go to composer to change anything then the ATV starts working again!  Am sorry but checking the license with every sleep is not a great way for this new driver, I need the old driver back?! 

10 hours ago, Amr said:

I still have this issue everytime I have to go to composer to change anything then the ATV starts working again!  Am sorry but checking the license with every sleep is not a great way for this new driver, I need the old driver back?! 

That's not how the driver works at all... the license isn't checked with every sleep and it's not a licensing issue that is your problem here.  I believe our techs have replied again to your ticket, if you follow back up with them on there, they'll be able to work with you to find a solution.

2 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

That's not how the driver works at all... the license isn't checked with every sleep and it's not a licensing issue that is your problem here.  I believe our techs have replied again to your ticket, if you follow back up with them on there, they'll be able to work with you to find a solution.

I will work it out with Tim, it’s just drives me crazy, issue is not me at all, kids are driving me nuts, they are Apple fan girls/boys and they only have ATV’s as there main entertainment device, hence the pressure on me 🤪😝

10 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

I wanted to thank you for such support, with only my support ticket that is having these issues and your support jumped in and help my to overcome such an issue with a driver fix, super and the nagging is over 😀

2 hours ago, Amr said:

I wanted to thank you for such support, with only my support ticket that is having these issues and your support jumped in and help my to overcome such an issue with a driver fix, super and the nagging is over 😀

No problem! Glad it’s all working for you

So I was running this driver on an hc800 for Apple tv4k. Worked perfectly for months then stopped working a few weeks ago. Opened a support ticket and they stated there was a new update that had to be reinstalled from scratch. My dealer was able to reinstall but now there is a 5-10 second delay each time I watch the Apple TV bc of a “handshake delay” per your support team.  After the delay the driver workS well. Anyway to fix this annoying delay?

On 6/8/2020 at 7:21 AM, Adamj771 said:

So I was running this driver on an hc800 for Apple tv4k. Worked perfectly for months then stopped working a few weeks ago. Opened a support ticket and they stated there was a new update that had to be reinstalled from scratch. My dealer was able to reinstall but now there is a 5-10 second delay each time I watch the Apple TV bc of a “handshake delay” per your support team.  After the delay the driver workS well. Anyway to fix this annoying delay?

Did you upgrade your ATV to 13.4.6 by any chance?

8 hours ago, Adamj771 said:

Yes. Both Apple tv4ks running 13.4.6. 

If you have the new build for the HC800 then as a work around hit the Guide button on your remote 5 times and you will have an immediate response from your ATV’s, you don’t have to wait for the handshake, u just trigger it faster this way, try and let me know!

On 6/10/2020 at 1:00 AM, Amr said:

If you have the new build for the HC800 then as a work around hit the Guide button on your remote 5 times and you will have an immediate response from your ATV’s, you don’t have to wait for the handshake, u just trigger it faster this way, try and let me know!

Yeah that works but annoying that you have to do it each time your startup. 

2 hours ago, Adamj771 said:

Yeah that works but annoying that you have to do it each time your startup. 

Will it’s better than nothing, I have no idea why this is happening, is it because of Apple did something or the devs, but how any one would miss up this way?

On 6/12/2020 at 10:02 AM, IntrinsicGroup said:

We've only seen this on the old HC Series. EA Controllers function fine and reconnect in around 100ms.

😐 the driver was working just fine, the changes you have made had no functionality whatsoever expect changing your driver authentication from serials to auto! I have no idea what you are gaining from this change! Please do not blame the hardware at all, it’s working just fine! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.