C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev - Apple TV tvOS13 IP Driver

IntrinsicGroup

On 2/25/2020 at 11:52 AM, IntrinsicGroup said:

So we spoke to C4 - they have no plans on enabling Auto Update on third party drivers at present.  By skipping forward/back are you meaning to say jump forwards 15 seconds?

I bought my driver for two Apple TV's in January.    My driver stopped working last month and I used the Apple TV remote again for awhile, but finally reached out to my dealer who updated the driver and now everything works fine.    Without auto updating, I'm worried that I will need to constantly depend on my dealer to log in do updates, which will not be a great user experience.

1 hour ago, jmb said:

I bought my driver for two Apple TV's in January.    My driver stopped working last month and I used the Apple TV remote again for awhile, but finally reached out to my dealer who updated the driver and now everything works fine.    Without auto updating, I'm worried that I will need to constantly depend on my dealer to log in do updates, which will not be a great user experience.

We'd love for there to be autoupdate.  Hopefully, C4 will open up that feature to us.  The driver you'd have had in January, would have resumed functionality with a reboot of the C4 processor. (what you would have encountered is a fringe case where your network connection momentarily drops faster than C4 can report the drop, so it doesn't tell the driver to reconnect).    The update your dealer has builds in some extra checks to work out when the connection has been lost and to reconnect for you.

We'd love for there to be autoupdate.  Hopefully, C4 will open up that feature to us.  The driver you'd have had in January, would have resumed functionality with a reboot of the C4 processor. (what you would have encountered is a fringe case where your network connection momentarily drops faster than C4 can report the drop, so it doesn't tell the driver to reconnect).    The update your dealer has builds in some extra checks to work out when the connection has been lost and to reconnect for you.
What version has that fix?

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:
3 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

What version has that fix?

v24 - we are currently testing a new release that we should be out before the end of the month.  It also has live reporting back to composer as to when updates are available.  We'll send out a mailshot to all existing owners when it's about to be released.

25 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

I tried rebooting the hc800, but it still didn't work.   I lived with it for awhile and finally gave up and called my dealer. 

19 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

v24 - we are currently testing a new release that we should be out before the end of the month.  It also has live reporting back to composer as to when updates are available.  We'll send out a mailshot to all existing owners when it's about to be released.

I've never gotten a "mailshot", how do i get on your distribution list?  

1 hour ago, jmb said:

I've never gotten a "mailshot", how do i get on your distribution list?  

On checkout, your dealer will have ticked the box to say we can message him about updates.  We generally do a mail-shot every month and then specific ones if there's big updates on drivers.

23 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

On checkout, your dealer will have ticked the box to say we can message him about updates.  We generally do a mail-shot every month and then specific ones if there's big updates on drivers.

Got it, so the dealer gets the notification.   Can I also get notified of updates?

I love my dealer, but I don't want him to burdened with having to constantly ping me whether or not I want/need an update. He's too busy. Can I get on this list for the new update coming up?

I've noticed those fringe cases with Intrinsic tend to resolve themselves with a restart of the my C4 controller, and THEN, a restart of the Apple TV I am dealing with. One particular Apple TV in my house tends to have this fringe case happen a lot -- it's the most used Apple TV as well -- so, I'd guess it's the controller not keeping up with whatever I've just done to the home network. 

On 4/13/2020 at 3:16 AM, snipboy said:

I love my dealer, but I don't want him to burdened with having to constantly ping me whether or not I want/need an update. He's too busy. Can I get on this list for the new update coming up?

I've noticed those fringe cases with Intrinsic tend to resolve themselves with a restart of the my C4 controller, and THEN, a restart of the Apple TV I am dealing with. One particular Apple TV in my house tends to have this fringe case happen a lot -- it's the most used Apple TV as well -- so, I'd guess it's the controller not keeping up with whatever I've just done to the home network. 

Is that one ATV on wifi by any chance?

We've had a few request from end users to be added to our mailing lists.  Currently it's only for dealers, but our marketing team are looking at setting up a dedicated channel of end users, so watch this space.

8 minutes ago, snipboy said:

I am not sure what is up with that one fringe ATV I have. It is not on Wifi. Behavior is consistent enough to have figured out the sequence to get it right again though. 

If you have to keep rebooting the Apple TV it sounds like the ATV stops broadcasting it's control port.... the driver listens to each ATV and asks how they want to be controlled.  Rebooting an ATV resets this.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:57 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

@IntrinsicGroup - slightly off topic.  Apologies! Your website used to have a number of drivers which have recently disappeared (a fancy timer driver, your Eguage driver etc). Have you discontinued these?

Not sure those one's were us! If it's something you're looking for, just drop us a query on here: https://intrinsicdev.com/intrinsic-dev-core-programming-driver-suggestion-form/

6 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Not sure those one's were us! If it's something you're looking for, just drop us a query on here: https://intrinsicdev.com/intrinsic-dev-core-programming-driver-suggestion-form/

Thanks for the feedback and you are correct. I was confusing 2 driver developers. Apologies!

On 4/14/2020 at 12:58 PM, IntrinsicGroup said:

We're looking at setting something up for end users at the minute.

I'm checking in, any progress on this? 

Without knowing I would break my existing integration I upgraded my Apple TV to TvOS 13.    Once I realized it was broken and I could not go back I reached out to my dealer for help.   My dealer first suggested upgrading the controller, since I was out of IR ports on my C4 Controller.   Instead I asked my dealer to look at your driver and I purchased it through him, I believe I am his only customer with it.   So far, only once has it stopped working, i tried several times the basics of rebooting the Apple Tv's and controller, but nothing.   So, i reached out and he figured out he needed to upgrade it.   I has now worked flawlessly.

I would rather stay ahead of it and not have my family complaining about it.   Getting notified of updates so I can chase the dealer doesn't seem like a big ask especially since I paid for the driver.   The dealer was a pass through.   

13 minutes ago, jmb said:

Without knowing I would break my existing integration I upgraded my Apple TV to TvOS 13.    Once I realized it was broken and I could not go back I reached out to my dealer for help.   My dealer first suggested upgrading the controller, since I was out of IR ports on my C4 Controller.   Instead I asked my dealer to look at your driver and I purchased it through him, I believe I am his only customer with it.   So far, only once has it stopped working, i tried several times the basics of rebooting the Apple Tv's and controller, but nothing.   So, i reached out and he figured out he needed to upgrade it.   I has now worked flawlessly.

I would rather stay ahead of it and not have my family complaining about it.   Getting notified of updates so I can chase the dealer doesn't seem like a big ask especially since I paid for the driver.   The dealer was a pass through.   

I agree with this

On 4/30/2020 at 5:24 PM, jmb said:

We've now added a sign up form on the website:

https://intrinsicdev.com/end-user-newsletter/

We'll aim to fire out a newsletter with any major driver updates, aimed at end users, so that you know when to give your dealer a call!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.