C4 Forums | Control4

Wifi Cameras

cdepaola

I know, or I believe, none of these inexpensive cameras integrate into C4 which isn't a big deal as we have no touchscreen and only one tv. 

Curius what folks are using and your experience.  Looking at the likes of nest, Samsung, alto, Logitech, etc. 

really wish one of them also made a doorbell so I wouldn't need two apps 

Probably not at all in your case, though if you have a server just laying around, installing BI on it offers some advantages to storing video (over the subscription model employed by a lot of these 'internet cams').  Could still view on the tablet/smartphone navigator screens as well if integrated w/ C4.  Even w/o any of that, I think most of them are simple to set-up. 

I have the Arlo cameras. I have the Arlo and ArloQ. If you have AppleTV you can see the cameras on your big screen. You could integrate them with Alan's IFTTT maker driver. I consider the fully wireless Arlos more for entertainment. You can literally stick them anywhere. We've put them on bird feeders and IN the Christmas tree. She can check the water level (it's a big fat tree). We've even put it inside the fridge. If you get the fully wireless model, get the new "Pro" -- they are rechargeable.

The ArloQ is powered and so it is on all the time. Higher resolution and when it detects motion, you see video actually before the motion was detected. (Ring does this now, too.) Last time I checked, they don't make a powered outdoor camera. Lots of folks are putting the ArloQ outside out of the elements.

Ring makes a camera, I thought -- so if you went that route you'd only need the one app.

• 4 months later...
The Arlo's look nice and now I'm going to have an even more difficult decision.

Have folks been able to integrate the Ubiquiti Cameras into C4? 

Does anyone know if arlo can be integrated to c4?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

IMHO Blue Iris is a great solution to this and gives you NVR capabilities.  It is a steal for $60 as it has tons and tons of capabilities and let's you use whatever camera you want.  The downside is that you need a PC to run it on but I have it running on a PC that is always on doing other things. 

If you want suggestions on what cameras to use check out IPCam forums at https://ipcamtalk.com/ .  There is lots of expertise there on various cameras - the current favorites seem to by the Dahua Starlight line that perform very well in low light conditions.

1 hour ago, StroTek LLC said:

is that powered via POE?

i looked at the spec sheet ftp://ftp.dlink.ca/PRODUCTS/DCS-2670L/DCS-2670L_DATASHEET_1.00.PDF and didnt seem to be PoE.  But if its PoE then the need for Wifi is pointless since it would be hard wired into your network anyways.  The write up mentions being shipped with a power adapter so I am assuming no PoE.

On 12/7/2016 at 8:13 PM, cdepaola said:

I know, or I believe, none of these inexpensive cameras integrate into C4 which isn't a big deal as we have no touchscreen and only one tv. 

Curius what folks are using and your experience.  Looking at the likes of nest, Samsung, alto, Logitech, etc. 

really wish one of them also made a doorbell so I wouldn't need two apps 

No Unifi on your list?  

FWIW, I have the logi circle cameras. Complaints are you can't use it like a typical baby monitor where it continually scrolls through the cameras every X seconds with audio. While there is a split screen view, it doesn't let you select which of your cameras are included in it (i.e. If you have 2 cameras in kids rooms and 2 in other places you get a 4 screen split view with no audio whether you like it or not). Although these are integrated through Alexa Echo Show, the show can't split screen and you can't talk back through the audio, just can display one at a time. 

On 12/7/2016 at 8:53 PM, sturama said:

I think Blue Iris recently added support for RTMP streaming cameras (like the Nest).  May be this would allow integration into C4 w/ the BI driver?

Yes, Blue Iris works with the nest cameras and then using the BI driver in c4 you can see your nest cameras.  Here's the thing, in order to get the rtmp string, you have to change the camera policy on the nest site to be publicly available,  You still need to know the url but in my opinion it's a security issue.

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2017 at 9:47 PM, c4Iona said:

Yes, Blue Iris works with the nest cameras and then using the BI driver in c4 you can see your nest cameras.  Here's the thing, in order to get the rtmp string, you have to change the camera policy on the nest site to be publicly available,  You still need to know the url but in my opinion it's a security issue.

Can you explain how exactly can I integrate my Nest Cam or Arlo's Pro model with C4 using Iris? Thanks in advance.

Archived