C4 Forums | Control4

Smart Plug Switch suggestions

Hello guys!

Just wondering what brand/model of smart plugs you guys are using. I know there are hundreds of options on amazon/ebay, but I was wondering for something that is reliable and possibly integrated with C4 (not required - I do not want to pay for a driver).

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

so if you want a switch where you don't want to pay for a driver, use Control4.

Wondering if there is any smart plug (like WeMo) with a free driver. Do you know any?

Thanks!

Leviton Z-WaveIn-wall VRR15 Decora Receptacle

Leviton Z-Wave VRPA1 Appliance Module

GE Z-Wave ZW1001 In-Wall Outlet

All three fully compatible with Control4 with free drivers. You do need the Z-Wave module in your system and an EA Controller.

Just now, eddy.trochez said:

It's a native integration. You only need the Z-Wave module to create a Z-Wave network, no third party hardware required. Drivers are available in the database. 

I appreciate your suggestion but unfortunately that won't work for my personal system as I have a HC800. :(

It would have to be via Vera and EV drivers. I can't remember if the EV switch driver can handle a wall plug or just lights. Im going to say that I can as it will probably be bound to a relay device.

A Wifi wall plug would work great for my application. :/

I appreciate all the help given. Thank you!

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, zaphod said:

Is WeMo still the best way to go for cheap outlet switches?  What are the pros/cons of WeMo vs C4 vs the other options?  Any differences in functionality between the different WeMo drivers?

The cheapest is the Orvibo Wiwo S20.  We created a driver for it and made it cheap $50 MSRP.  Outlets are less than $20 a pop but hard to find since a newer version has been released.  Note the newer version (S25/B25) is not compatible with our driver.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, msgreenf said:

buy wemo's.  Driver is cheap.....

I have a wall switch by my fireplace where the Control 4 switch does not last 90 days. After that the switch responds but does not transfer the load. Meaning that the light will stay on.

I need a wall switch. I purchased two WEMO's at Costco today and would like to get it working. There was a free Ramourous_IP_Belkin_WemoPlug.C4i driver but it is a "relay" driven and I don't have an easy way to trigger that.

These are Wemo.Mini.01B switches Model F7C063

I am willing to purchase a driver - can anyone tell me a driver that will manage these switches please? Appreciated. I cannot continue to support $100 every 90 days when the C4 switch fails.

Thanks,

Bill

I have a wall switch by my fireplace where the Control 4 switch does not last 90 days. After that the switch responds but does not transfer the load. Meaning that the light will stay on.
I need a wall switch. I purchased two WEMO's at Costco today and would like to get it working. There was a free Ramourous_IP_Belkin_WemoPlug.C4i driver but it is a "relay" driven and I don't have an easy way to trigger that.
I am willing to purchase a driver - can anyone tell me a driver that will manage these switches please? Appreciated. I cannot continue to support $100 every 90 days when the C4 switch fails.
Thanks,
Bill
Alan's we only driver. It can be purchased on driver central and I can help

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, TexasBill said:

Thanks,

Bill

annex4 has the lowest cost WeMo driver and has more of the WeMo line coming all under the same license.

Our driver works with the Wemo Switch Mini and can display as a lighting load in Control4's navigator with two way feedback.  Has self healing on IP address changes, energy monitoring and control implemented including the ability to automatically turn on and off AV loads based off of idle and powered states plus relay bindings if you use your wemo for devices other than lights.

Annex4 is @THEORY 's company.  We provide 7 day trials on all of our drivers so feel free to test both drivers out and decide which one you prefer.

https://annex4.link/

6 hours ago, alanchow said:

Our driver works with the Wemo Switch Mini and can display as a lighting load in Control4's navigator with two way feedback.  Has self healing on IP address changes, energy monitoring and control implemented including the ability to automatically turn on and off AV loads based off of idle and powered states plus relay bindings if you use your wemo for devices other than lights.

Annex4 is @THEORY 's company.  We provide 7 day trials on all of our drivers so feel free to test both drivers out and decide which one you prefer.

https://annex4.link/

Thanks Alan -

We got a free driver to work at the site.  If it gives us any trouble, I will contact you and try your driver. Appreciated.

Bill

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, Shivam Paw said:

Which driver did you use?

The Belkin Wemo Plug Driver dated 3/10/2014 in the library.

Costco has the Wemo plug package on sale two for 29.00 so they are not only smaller than Control 4's option but more reliable and smaller and a lot cheaper.

The Belkin Wemo Plug Driver dated 3/10/2014 in the library.
Costco has the Wemo plug package on sale two for 29.00 so they are not only smaller than Control 4's option but more reliable and smaller and a lot cheaper.
I don't believe there is a free control4 certified driver

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On 3/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, msgreenf said:

so if you want a switch where you don't want to pay for a driver, use Control4.

On 3/1/2017 at 9:49 AM, mallom said:

Wondering if there is any smart plug (like WeMo) with a free driver. Do you know any?

Thanks!

no he is saying control4 has smart plug outlets they have 2 on each device have a dimmer or a switch model.

cool thing about the switch model is you can use power sensing for events say like a console connected when turned on with the controller turns control4 onto the console input.

10 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

cool thing about the switch model is you can use power sensing for events say like a console connected when turned on with the controller turns control4 onto the console input.

you can do that with a wemo insight switch too

Archived