C4 Forums | Control4

Besides houselogix

2bc4

The wink driver caused multiple projects of my to crash. Have been trying to contact houselogix for over 2 weeks but no response. This is why I am looking for another provider of drivers

The wink driver caused multiple projects of my to crash. Have been trying to contact houselogix for over 2 weeks but no response. This is why I am looking for another provider of drivers

Call SnapAV.

It's not houselogix drivers. It's written by a 3rd party. Houselogix is a market place. Every driver lists the author. The wink driver pack is written by Phil on here

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, 2bc4 said:

You'll have to deal with HL on that one. The developer has zero insight into sales other than knowing how many have sold and to whom. If I, as a developer, wanted to issue a refund there's no way I can do that. I get calls for old EV license transfers from time to time and there's nothing I can do about the either. 

FWIW I'd keep hounding both HL and the developer at this point. That's pretty ridiculous. I don't care how busy anyone one is there's no excuse for poor customer service -- especially on a crashing issue. 

Houselogix also makes/has their own driver and MyQ is one of them. Unfortunately, since SNAP aquired them ther support has been.....well it's pretty obvious fromt his thread alone.

Other driver developers that sell direct or marketplaces are:

Blackwire Designs

The Driver's Lab

Annex4 (evolved from TheoryAV)

Epic-Systems

Yatun Development

Janus Technologies (only free drivers by commission at this point I believe)

There may be others but I'd say those are the main ones outside of Houselogix at this point.

Note that Annex4 has stated they acquired the 'other' (free) MyQ driver that was floating around (and is now defunct) but it is unclear to me at this time what may happen with it.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

Houselogix also makes/has their own driver and MyQ is one of them. Unfortunately, since SNAP aquired them ther support has been.....well it's pretty obvious fromt his thread alone.

Other driver developers that sell direct or marketplaces are:

The Driver's Lab

Annex4 (evolved from TheoryAV)

Epic-Systems

Yatun Development

Janus Technologies (only free drivers by commission at this point I believe)

There may be others but I'd say those are the main ones outside of Houselogix at this point.

Note that Annex4 has stated they acquired the 'other' (free) MyQ driver that was floating around (and is now defunct) but it is unclear to me at this time what may happen with it.

WTF

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well Houselogix is a primary provider for many core drivers.  I haven't used them much for support lately, but even before the Snap purchase it was hit and miss.  If its worse now, well, I would hope that is not acceptable to the many developers that count on them for first line support.  It looked like they were in line to be the primary alternative to Control4 and now it seems we are back to fragmentation, which I wish wasn't the case.

Are the developers that went with HL stuck with them no matter what?  Or is there some sort of SLA that lets you out?

11 minutes ago, turls said:

Are the developers that went with HL stuck with them no matter what?  Or is there some sort of SLA that lets you out?

developers are not stuck to houselogix and can change at any time

I didn't even see the post from Chowmain before I typed this (Chowmain has taken over first-line support for drivers sold by HL)  Great for him, because I'm sure he has the staff to handle calls, but worried about what smaller developers are going to be left with for first-line support.

Archived