C4 Forums | Control4

Pandora in the newest Beta?

xaveon

There is not any native integration to Pandora in the Control4 Beta Land. There is however, the EV Sonos driver which integrates with Pandonos.

See: http://www.extravegetables.com/products/sonos

I hope this helps.

Matt

I find the need to use hardware to implement something that is completely online/software based as a little ridiculous!

I'm actually surprised that no-one has implemented a standalone Pandora app/driver for Control4... I would imagine that users would be willing to spend ~$20 or more, to have Pandora independent of Sonos hardware.

^Please. This price is inflated to say the least. I worked on a project to monitor production line, real-time parts dimensioning from a remote location. Our budget was $1M, came in under and even added cameras. This was all done with serious programmers charging serious rates.

How many bucks does Rhapsody realize from a vehicle like Control4? Ask yourself...

There is not any native integration to Pandora in the Control4 Beta Land. There is however' date=' the EV Sonos driver which integrates with Pandonos.

I hope this helps.

Matt[/quote']

I find the need to use hardware to implement something that is completely online/software based as a little ridiculous!

I'm actually surprised that no-one has implemented a standalone Pandora app/driver for Control4... I would imagine that users would be willing to spend ~$20 or more, to have Pandora independent of Sonos hardware.

Pandora is very closed about their API.. no one CAN write an application for pandora because pandora doesnt want anyone to

Pandora may have a closed API but they would be foolish to not allow C4 to integrate with it. They allowed Sonos to, so I don't see why C4 would be any different.

Maybe C4 has an agreement with Rhapsody and aren't allowed to offer another service. Look how long it took C4 to add internet radio...? They were years behind in the game when It should have been offered since day one. I think C4 and Rhapsody have very close ties together ... Too close if you know what I mean. :)

You don't even need Pandora with all C4 has anyway.

We use Rhapsody and have around 240 Internet radio stations.

No pandora for me...

Rhapsody and Slacker/Pandora are apples to oranges, the latter are discovery services and are underrepresented in C4 land.

Don't get me started on EV's Sonos driver lack of integration with Slacker...

There is not any native integration to Pandora in the Control4 Beta Land. There is however' date=' the EV Sonos driver which integrates with Pandonos.

I hope this helps.

Matt[/quote']

Pandora is very closed about their API.. no one CAN write an application for pandora because pandora doesnt want anyone to

So is Pandora the one integrating itself into other products like Sonos, Mirage Media Server, Roku, and nearly every Blu-ray player?

I'm actually surprised that no-one has implemented a standalone Pandora app/driver for Control4... I would imagine that users would be willing to spend ~$20 or more' date=' to have Pandora independent of Sonos hardware.[/quote']

So is Pandora the one integrating itself into other products like Sonos, Mirage Media Server, Roku, and nearly every Blu-ray player?

Yes.

ive spoke to pandora directly about this many times.. trust me when i say you have no idea what you are talking about as well as my statement applies to your rhapsody remarks

Sonos has Pandora so saying that no company can integrate with them because they aren't allowing it is wrong. Just because Pandora wouldn't give a dealer the time of day doesn't mean anything. They probably made the right decision and want to make sure their product is represented accurately. I bet they'd be willing to deal with C4 directly before they would ever come to an agreement with a dealer.

As far as my statements about rhapsody there is no way to prove or disprove what I was saying. It's just speculation but one thing is for sure, it took C4 an awful long time to come out with internet radio. It might have been on purpose (to sign up more Rhapsody accounts) or it might not have been. My guess is that it was on purpose. As far as C4 not pursuing Pandora integration, they hired an executive from RealNetworks (the creators of Rhapsody) as their new CEO. So It might be a long time before Pandora is integrated, if ever, depending on how much RealNetworks' stock Plaehn still owns. :P

http://www.cepro.com/article/control4_taps_realnetworks_engineer_as_new_ceo/

ive spoke to pandora directly about this many times.. trust me when i say you have no idea what you are talking about as well as my statement applies to your rhapsody remarks

Sonos has Pandora so saying that no company can integrate with them because they aren't allowing it is wrong. Just because Pandora wouldn't give a dealer the time of day doesn't mean anything. They probably made the right decision and want to make sure their product is represented accurately. I bet they'd be willing to deal with C4 directly before they would ever come to an agreement with a dealer.

As far as my statements about rhapsody there is no way to prove or disprove what I was saying. It's just speculation but one thing is for sure' date=' it took C4 an awful long time to come out with internet radio. It might have been on purpose (to sign up more Rhapsody accounts) or it might not have been. My guess is that it was on purpose. As far as C4 not pursuing Pandora integration, they hired an executive from RealNetworks (the creators of Rhapsody) as their new CEO. So It might be a long time before Pandora is integrated, if ever, depending on how much RealNetworks' stock Plaehn still owns. :P

[url']http://www.cepro.com/article/control4_taps_realnetworks_engineer_as_new_ceo/

i think the fact that you keep making all these ASSumptions is hilarious.

Archived