C4 Forums | Control4

FollowMe Find My iPhone Geofence Driver

phileaton

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anybody else having trouble with events not firing when leaving home? It seems to be working well for me. How is your signal strength on your phone around home? If it's week the location info may be inaccurate? Also have you tried changing the sensitivity setting to something lower like .1 or .2 miles. Let me know and thanks for the feedback.

By the way, I know several people have sent their info. I'm going to try and fix this licensing problem tonight and send out the new version.

Interesting. Did you have find my iphone enabled on you device previously? The driver doesn't actually tell your phone to send data any more often than it does normally with find my iphone. The polling interval is just how frequently it asks apple where your phone was last located.

Doubled the interval rate to 120, haven't used my phone any more than usual and its completely flat in less than a day. I can usually get 2 days out of it.

Will see what happens tomorrow.

I was just going to post the same.  I used to get 2 days battery as well and now I get not even a day.

I'm running ios 7.0.3 on 5s.

Find my iPhone has always been switched on on my phones.

I have seen the location service icon appear on the status bar a lot yesterday. When looking in the privacy settings I can see it is the find my iPhone service.

Apple are checking my phone more often as the driver keeps asking apple for my location.

Archived