C4 Forums | Control4

Batteries not lasting

I've got 4 SR250's, and it seems that over the last couple of months the batteries aren't lasting. I'm not getting the low battery warning.

Does the 800 or 2.5.2 have them call home more often? I see my touchscreen wake more frequently than it used to.

I've tried Kirkland and Duracell batteries.

Any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen remotes be set back to defaults on some of the recent updates, you might want to check if you did settings one there for backlight % etc. Beyond that, I've not noticed an increase in battery drain myself, and no there is AFAIK no more frequent call-in or keep alive for remotes than before. As for the TS, if it's a portable and wake-up from sleep then yes, it is a bit more frequent then before to keep synch better I believe, if it's inwall and you mean it leaves ts/blank screen etc, it's not supposed to but it's being watched...

I've seen remotes be set back to defaults on some of the recent updates, you might want to check if you did settings one there for backlight % etc. Beyond that, I've not noticed an increase in battery drain myself, and no there is AFAIK no more frequent call-in or keep alive for remotes than before. As for the TS, if it's a portable and wake-up from sleep then yes, it is a bit more frequent then before to keep synch better I believe, if it's inwall and you mean it leaves ts/blank screen etc, it's not supposed to but it's being watched...

Thanks. I'll check the defaults. I used to change the batteries once a year; I've changed them all since Christmas. The TS is a portable, so that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try to add a notify driver (eg pushover.net) to get warns on your cell phone about the battery percentage.

It do not solve the problem but at least you get warned before the battery is low.

I find with the 'top of the line' Ikea batteries I am using in these that they trickle down from 99-70 then head to 0 rapidly.

Another poster indicated that this is often the case with newer battery chemical/element types that they run at desired voltage / current then don't rather than the linear decay of older battery chemicals/elements.

Though my Ikea batteries seem to last about 4-6 months and at $1.99 for 10 having a $1.60 to $2.30 a year running cost for each SR250 is way cheaper than the recharging station option or any fancy Energizer Lithium or Duracell ProCell stuff

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50240502/ are $0.20c a battery

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Lithium-Batteries-8-count-Longer/dp/B0000DC4EL/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1393259888&sr=8-25&keywords=duracell+aa

$1.86 a battery

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Procell-AA-Pack-PC1500BKD09/dp/B00009V2QX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393259871&sr=8-1&keywords=duracell+aa

$0.51 c a battery.

Archived