C4 Forums | Control4

Nest Integration?

qVAMPIREp

I can't speak for Nest, but rolling out a new API can take quite a long time.

It was shown at CEDIA, but with no promised date, due to the uncertainty.

Progress has been made, and  you should hopefully hear something in the next month or two.

RyanE

• 1 month later...

Nest continues to make progress towards releasing an API.  I can't comment further, as Nest's API is their own, not Control4's.

We'll announce something when the driver is finished and released.  Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA I can announce ATM.

Thanks.

RyanE

It's like having kids in the backseat of the car....

"Are we there yet?"

"A little further"

......5 minutes later......

"How much further?"

"It's not far now"

"Are we there yet?"

"WE'LL BE THERE WHEN WE GET THERE! Now, sit down and wait quietly"

It's like having kids in the backseat of the car....

"Are we there yet?"

"A little further"

"How much further?"

"It's not far now"

"Are we there yet?"

"WE'LL BE THERE WHEN WE GET THERE! Now, sit down and wait quietly"

Except in this case your Mom married a new Dad (Google) and your not sure if she might not  just drop you off on the side of the road half way there.

Except in this case your Mom married a new Dad (Google) and your not sure if she might not  just drop you off on the side of the road half way there..

Well, new Dad is so much cooler than old Dad, he's got his own drone and everything.

• 1 month later...

There's a integrating with Nest API talk at Google IO later this month (25-26th).. I'm guessing thats when it will go live.

Wouldn't mind seeing some thing from Nest sooner but at this point I'll take what I can get.

As such, there is no specific requirement stated anywhere for Nest yet. It might require an updated thermostat proxy, it may require an updated proxy for some functions, that proxy may or may not be part of 2.6.

In the end it's a driver, some drivers are based off of proxies that get updated or replaced or created in new?(er) versions and so on and so forth. But at this point in time there is no news on the Nest integration, so also no news on it's limitations.

Archived