C4 Forums | Control4

Free Apple TV IP Driver

msgreenf

Auto Power Rooms sounds like a great feature but with one Apple TV on a video matrix connected to 10 rooms I don't know how to make it work where it powers on only in the room I want it.

It sounds good until you think a little deeper about it.  Every time I've tried to use these Auto Power options with the media bridge, for example, it never is as good as it seems in a house full of people.  YMMV.

If I misunderstand and you don't know how to choose the rooms, its simple checkboxes.

It sounds good until you think a little deeper about it.  Every time I've tried to use these Auto Power options with the media bridge, for example, it never is as good as it seems in a house full of people.  YMMV.

If I misunderstand and you don't know how to choose the rooms, its simple checkboxes.

I haven't implemented it yet, just thinking through how it will benefit me and whether it's worth switching from IR.

So something weird is happening. All the Apple TV names are getting reverted back to their individual names even after the dealer changed them to Apple TV. Just noticed tonight. Going to email him to see if he has any ideas. Anyone here see a similar behavior ? Or is this expected/normal ?

Could have to do with the version update.  There's already been an update to it.  Just a guess.

Did you rename the apple TVs in their settings also?

I just had my dealer install this on 3 apple TVs. It looks like the driver will pull the name assigned in the Apple TV settings menu for each Apple TV.

Very fast and nice driver and really like the feature where you can pull the chapter menu for each movie and turn on and off captions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you rename the apple TVs in their settings also?

I just had my dealer install this on 3 apple TVs. It looks like the driver will pull the name assigned in the Apple TV settings menu for each Apple TV.

Very fast and nice driver and really like the feature where you can pull the chapter menu for each movie and turn on and off captions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the idea is that the individual Apple TV's (through the settings on the ATV) are named by the room they are in ("Living Room - Apple TV").  This way when selecting a TV to airplay to, its easier than having them all called "Apple TV".  However, what I wanted was to have the source in Control4 called "Apple TV", instead of "Living Room - Apple TV".  The reason is that I have an ATV for each TV, and because most of the "... Apple TV" part is cut off on the SR-250 displays when selecting a source with the Watch button.  To me it looks cleaner when it just says Apple TV on the remote, since each room has a dedicated remote and there isn't a need for that specific of a name.

So far they haven't reverted back, but ill give it a couple of days to see if they do auto-revert back to the individual "... Apple TV" names. If its a "feature", maybe they can update the driver to make the auto naming an optional one.  

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely interested in some of the new IP features (and speed) but also note Cyknight's comment that it's 2.6 only.    

Is there something missing in 2.5.3 that will prevent it from working correctly - anyone tried it?  Or is it just certified for 2.6 and above?

Has anyone gotten the auto power rooms on to work?  I've only messed with it at my house for a few mins but couldn't get that going.  I'd love to be able to kick on my family room if i connect a device to apple TV through airplay.  I'm just trying to avoid the time and frustration if it's not going to work.

• 1 month later...

Nobody has had any trouble in multiple Apple TV environments with this have you?  I have Gen 2 so stuck on iOS 7.2..both units should be identical.  One pairs fine the other won't take the 0000 pairing code.  We can't figure it out.

We've power cycled Apple TV numerous times.

Hmm I've done as many as 7 in one system without issue - but I've heard about one or two others.

Are you sure you aren't trying to press pair remote? All you should have to do is go to the screen, send the command from Composer and C4 should show up to select. I've heard others doing the press thing and having issues.

I'd also try powering down all ATVs except the one you're identifying - I myself had some issues trying to get two 2nd gen units to go until I did it that way - they've been fine since.

I'll see if I can come across anything else too - as I said I know I saw some other's having some grief before.

My mistake, the one that is the problem is the A1427 Gen 3 model--there are two different Gen 3 hardware revisions I wonder how many people actually have this one?  We tested with the original Gen 2 one and re-paired with the 0000 -- also tested pairing on the A1427 Gen 3 to an iPhone with no issue.

Cy, we will try powering down the Gen 2 one and see if that helps.

Nope, powered off Gen 2 and left it off, power cycled Gen 3 and same issue--get as far as the pairing code.  We should be doing it right because like I said I could re-pair the Gen 2 with the newly added driver (which is the same as the driver that worked for the past couple months or whatever).

Is there any way to verify what pairing code C4 is generating?  That's the black box part of this, and that is where it is failing.  Might not be a coincidence.

Found it:

- When you get the error message "Code is incorrect", stay on the pairing page in the Apple TV and hit the "send pairing command" button a second time. This may make entering the code work (just hit select again on the Apple TV). Try this a couple of times. Additional items may appear in the Remotes page, but these will all time out and disappear after 2 minutes.

Note - some have reported having to send the command 3 times or more, so try at least several times.

- Remove any other remotes you have paired with the Apple TV and try again (including step above)

- If that doesn't work, try a factory restore on the Apple TV.

This supposedly has this fixed for a few people - I'm told they're looking at it more closely but it seems to be an issue with the paring software on the appleTV.

Archived