C4 Forums | Control4

what are 4store apps  :unsure:

hahahahaha Very funny. I actually have no idea either..

wait the only one I ever purchased was Dan's denim skin. That was great. Still sit's with pride on one of my portables..

I guess that's a legacy app now.. 

(Still luvin it Dan) :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^P.S.  Was it really $750????

If memory serves - it was at one point priced that way because it couldn't be removed (support of existing users) but a second one was added that had no APP price tag but the driver needed was a charged for driver instead. So it was put so high to hopefully prevent people from buying it on a whim.

.....if it gets any cheaper, this is going to start to become a real possibility (Chump change for even the most modest of multimillionaires with a bit of spare cash and a hobby to play with...)  :)

There are folks out there with more expensive houses than the entire companies market cap...

Now who wouldn't just luv the opportunity to let this baby fly??!!!!.....

To bring on it's REAL potential..?

"No holding back now baby.. how good can you be?!!!!...

..Fly birdy FLY.. for now you are FREE !!!! 

:) :)

Then stop whining about it and do it.

No the "Infinity" screens work just fine, and 4store apps remain available as is.

Everything supported in 2.6 remains supported in 2.7 with the possible exception of the very old lcd 10button keypads.

Indeed the Infinity screens get fully updated to 2.7

^ Yes. Kevin.. Sure. ...though lets keep any future apps free hey??..

I don't think they should be $750 one day, free the next: then say another $750 all over again.... pretty much for the same function...just because the platform changes, a few new touchscreens get updated  or a third party moves on or goes a different way...just saying LOL!!!!!! :) :) :)

lets keep future apps free? you are joking right? can you send me a check to pay for my employees, rent, taxes, overhead etc? 

Also Start here was never $750

C4 changed how the app store worked and instead of the app being purchased through the 4store it needed to be purchased through EV and licensed via the driver. They could not update the app to reflect this was it would break every app that was already installed so a new version was made and the old one was set to $750 so no one would ever buy it 

You're not being a dick kevin. What you say is true. Your application came first. It's cheaper for us to just buy a licence for someone elses app where possible. We usually don't want to make apps that other people have made unless we need a feature that is not available in that app for one of our projects.

We had some problems with your app for one of our large jobs (resort) so I was commissioned to make one urgently that suited the job by our technical director Sam.

Most of our applications and drivers actually come about in this manner. Through the need for a project by one of our sister companies.

No worries at all. Im not mad. Was just pointing out apps have existed for many years 

this is just my opinion 

As far as any apps that are moving forward there are 2 and only 2 in this next release

Weather and Door locks.. thats it..

Will there be more in the future? of course.. How ever with the new hardware and 2.7 the only things added to the TS are the 2 functions i said above. The door lock app will be lock agnostic and work on all of them. 

O.k...  another stupid question - so with 2.7 the old TS 7" Infinity Edge screens will still work right?  I just won't be able to get the "new" apps?

you can update any of the 7" TS to 2.7 and the apps will still work fine

The new 7 and 10 TS that run android technically run a different version of 2.7 on them.. IE an android based one.. The old TS still run flash

hahahahaha Very funny. I actually have no idea either..

wait the only one I ever purchased was Dan's denim skin. That was great. Still sit's with pride on one of my portables..

I guess that's a legacy app now..

(Still luvin it Dan) :)

That's funny. Want to great what else is funny? It's supposed to be a 60/40 split on revenue, with the developer getting 60%. If I recall, about a dozen sold and I never saw a dime. Further reason that I mothballed those projects.

It will be very sad if really good apps like StartHere! disappear and are not updated to run on the new android touchscreens... This won't be a problem in the short term but will be a problem for users in the long run when the Infinity Edge Touchscreens go end of life! Unless of course, OS2.7 has new features and flexibility that make such an app redundant. Personally, I cannot wait to see OS2.7 and hope it is another big step forward!

That's funny. Want to great what else is funny? It's supposed to be a 60/40 split on revenue, with the developer getting 60%. If I recall, about a dozen sold and I never saw a dime. Further reason that I mothballed those projects.

Wow.  How can that happen?  You could have bought C4 stock with that, and you'd be a little better off.

There are folks out there with more expensive houses than the entire companies market cap...

Mkt cap

293.40M

your hyperbole is funny, sometimes.

you're technically correct because google says there's a handful of highrises, like entire skyscrapers, that people live in that beat this. bill gates' house doesn't.

so, just give this line up.

Just because they are Android doesn't mean they have to use or would want to use the app store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. I know. Maybe they are planning this. Who knows. But please make it easy for us end users this time! Make those apps shine. Make em walk out the door and into my project.

your hyperbole is funny, sometimes.

you're technically correct because google says there's a handful of highrises, like entire skyscrapers, that people live in that beat this. bill gates' house doesn't.

so, just give this line up.

Lol. So you about to argue 298m is a massive input in the ruff and tumble of the world wide tech space? That things are just booming along? That's market cap we are talking about. Not revenue...

Here we are discussing the possibility of just two apps. On a new android platform. About to be launched in under two months right? On this fantastic platform (c4) which has the potential to be in every home in America and the western world. Right now: Let alone India and China. Two countries with a huge population of Millionaires. I'm just arguing for goodness sake, this time around, give the product and apps a fighting chance. :)

^ I use hyperbole to emphasize a point. If some of you around here don't realise that the way the current model is operating is most likely (IMHO) thwarting the potential growth of this fantastic product... well I can't help that. It's not my problem. But I want the product to be more of a success. Rock on C4. Over and out. :)

Nope. just proving your hyperbole wrong.YOU brought it up. YOU used it as a an important metric.

The most expensive home currently on the U..S. Market is just under 130 million, but there are numerous homes at that level. So you could say three homes = the market cap. Also there are homes worth in excess of 250 million in the US

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mhj45hljk/fleur-de-lys-mansion-los-angeles-ca-2/

Now if you open it up to most expensive in the world. Well, then there is a home valued at over a billion and another at nearly 800 million.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mhj45edfjh/antilia-mumbai-india/

So technically WAP is correct and you owe him an appology

im not sure how moving a platform that allows me to do some pretty insane things and putting high power processors into the new touch screen is a fumble

Does it suck that the apps are going way? yes.. Will new version of the apps be insane and worth being redone?? YES

The fumble is this... Control4 has ZERO strategy making ability and it keeps costing owners $$$. Some dip shit picks Flash which Apple already dumped as their touchscreen OS. Low and behold FLASH sucks and now all the expensive hardware is shit. Endless hardware upgrade cycles that are caused by poor decisions does not make users happy.

The fumble is this... Control4 has ZERO strategy making ability and it keeps costing owners $$$. Some dip shit picks Flash which Apple already dumped as their touchscreen OS. Low and behold FLASH sucks and now all the expensive hardware is shit. Endless hardware upgrade cycles that are caused by poor decisions does not make users happy.

I am new to this forum and must say, I am surprised by how negative people are about Control4... It seems to me that this is a phenomenal system from a good company and what is needed is some good PR work by them?

I am not all that technical, so don't know much about Flash or if it has always been in the control4 Touchscreens... But I do know that I had old control4 Touchscreens installed in my previous house before the launch of the iPad! So I'm not sure that it is fair to compare Apple not using Flash to Control4 using it... But as I said, I am not all that technical, so I may be missing the boat altogether!

Archived