C4 Forums | Control4

TV Picture Blinks Related to Room Lights???

A "special balun" - what do you mean?

had this issue before and the only way i fixed this issue was with a coax balun instead of the atlona baluns. sorry didnt help much

I'm told that the Magic balun is: PDH, Hdbaset full balun. It definitely is doing the job.

I'm told that the Magic balun is: PDH, Hdbaset full balun. It definitely is doing the job.

Just out of curiosity has anybody heard of that Balun?

Nothing commercial about PhD Solutions (UK) - there aim is mid-grade residential. That said - I'm told it's decent quality by those that used it. Can't personally verify though.

Interesting my installer said it was basically a commercial balun and retailed for approx. $500.

• 3 weeks later...

did you ever get this issue resolved?  If so can you post what resolved the issue?

Yes kind of. The blinking stopped when my dealer installed the balun mentioned in the post I made on 4/29 above. The blinking problem stopped but it seemed to morph into the TV not turning on with the 250 remote which is posted in General Discussions "IR works Intermittently". Now my dealer is saying that the balun mentioned above is causing the TV not to turn on with the remote and he has a new balun ordered which he says will correct the blinking as well as the not turning on with the remote. We'll soon see.

Muhahaha! ;) just figured it wasn't in the basement.

Then have them plug TV into an extension cord to a different circuit. Just to see if it makes a difference. They all have theories and what not, not hard for them to test with a cord for power or test piece of wire for the baluns.

And then fish another circuit.

The Electrician knows where the wires are And what he could fish to run another line to split off the noise.

And then fish another circuit.

The Electrician knows where the wires are And what he could fish to run another line to split off the noise.

Cant fish another circuit the house is all done with high end wall treatments and paint. It would be a disaster to rip walls apart. Besides we ran an exension cord down the stairs to another electrical circuit and the blinking continued. That new balun stopped the blinking from the lights but morphed into the TV intrmittenly turning on. Supposedly because the new balun is not recycling. ??? Dealer has ordered another balun. 

If I can suggest, following Cynight, reach out to Neil or AK1 and ask them to remote in and look at the project. They should be able to see if it's a software (programming) issue. If they eliminate that, then you know it's hardware. Unless you tell them, they won't change the project.

If I recall, you mentioned that it's a new C4 dealer. You may be paying the price for their learning curve, either literally or figuratively with your time and patience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived