C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Kodi Full (XBMC) Driver for Control4

alanchow

Hi,

Just wondering if this driver can be used on any device running Kodi? For example I have 2 x Raspberry Pi 3b+ running OSMC which is the OS for Kodi. I also use 2 x OSMC Vero 4K+ boxes that they make for 4K playback which works fantastically.

The last question is I use Kodi on the devices (that I want control with the driver) but use PlexKodiConnect or Emby for Kodi (been experimenting with it) so wanted to make sure that the driver will work? In no way does it involve controlling  Plex or Emby, its almost like a plugin so the box's would be running normal Kodi, just the metadata, files etc will come from my Plex or Emby backend on my server.

Cheers

Also, is it possible to have a trial of the driver to check it working? 

Hi,
Just wondering if this driver can be used on any device running Kodi? For example I have 2 x Raspberry Pi 3b+ running OSMC which is the OS for Kodi. I also use 2 x OSMC Vero 4K+ boxes that they make for 4K playback which works fantastically.
The last question is I use Kodi on the devices (that I want control with the driver) but use PlexKodiConnect or Emby for Kodi (been experimenting with it) so wanted to make sure that the driver will work? In no way does it involve controlling  Plex or Emby, its almost like a plugin so the box's would be running normal Kodi, just the metadata, files etc will come from my Plex or Emby backend on my server.
Cheers
Also, is it possible to have a trial of the driver to check it working? 

Yes. I have it working on two shields, windows and a Vero 4k+.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Just now, enzeder said:

To date flawless with Vero 4K+

"Emby for Kodi"

Perfect. Not been using Plex or Emby recently so will sign unto Emby this time again. Do you use Live TV? I have a tuner HDHomerun which I intend to route into my Unraid server using a program called ....popular DVR.... (mind has gone blank!) then route that to the Emby Server.

21 hours ago, Waring192 said:

Perfect. Not been using Plex or Emby recently so will sign unto Emby this time again. Do you use Live TV? I have a tuner HDHomerun which I intend to route into my Unraid server using a program called ....popular DVR.... (mind has gone blank!) then route that to the Emby Server.

If HD Homerun is installed as a PVR Backend in Kodi then it will work through our Kodi Live TV mini driver including live tv and recordings like screenshots below

T3+-+Channel+Selection.png

T3+-+Recordings.png

51 minutes ago, alanchow said:

If HD Homerun is installed as a PVR Backend in Kodi then it will work through our Kodi Live TV mini driver including live tv and recordings like screenshots below

T3+-+Channel+Selection.png

T3+-+Recordings.png

Hey there,

Sorry, I got mixed up. I will be using TVHeadend as the backend. I think I will be using one of the Kodi PVR frontends as they look better really.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2019 at 10:52 AM, lippavisual said:

If it’s not working directly from the Kodi driver, you could always program based on the room.

For example:

when room living play command is received

If selected video device is Kodi

Execute x lighting scene

You could do that for all your scenes required. 

On 2/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, khalid said:

Thank you lippavisual for the example. I did what you said it's working.

Ahh, I send a lot of time figuring out why it's working with KODI Lite, not with the Full version. I hope I thought about your idea from the beginning and save the day.

I'm having the same problem as @khalid with my system (2.10.6) and Kodi 18. The driver is from 2013 and I don't see an auto-update setting in Composer Pro HE.

@alanchow, Is my driver so old that I really need to update?

Thx

Edited by schmoo
Figured out my original question.

7 hours ago, schmoo said:

I'm having the same problem as @khalid with my system (2.10.6) and Kodi 18. The driver is from 2013 and I don't see an auto-update setting in Composer Pro HE.

@alanchow, Is my driver so old that I really need to update?

Thx

7 year old driver? Sounds like it’s not our  Kodi Full driver considering we release it in 2015.

Just looking at the driver notes and I have just seen that just over a year ago there is reference to fixing press and hold for IRUSB.

I cant for the life of me get press and hold to work, is there a command or something special I need to do?

As soon as I press select it activates the APP rather than opening the menu - my kludgy work around at the moment is to have the Shield remote handy.

17 hours ago, enzeder said:

Just looking at the driver notes and I have just seen that just over a year ago there is reference to fixing press and hold for IRUSB.

I cant for the life of me get press and hold to work, is there a command or something special I need to do?

As soon as I press select it activates the APP rather than opening the menu - my kludgy work around at the moment is to have the Shield remote handy.

Control4’s SR-250 and SR-260 remotes do not offer press/release functionality for select.  As such we provided a command that can be mapped to other buttons.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain how to successfully get the Plex driver to work on the Vero 4k  +? My dealer installed the driver and it catalog all the movies but when I select a movie to play, the Vero switch to the "Program Add on" screen. The Vero has a reserve IP in my router but the Driver shows a different ip address. The message we get is : cannot connect to the server. Please make sure the server is running. Below is what the driver showsimage.png.592e98b3b6c05e148b6f4a4ccb8c30af.png 

2 hours ago, vankaren said:

Can someone explain how to successfully get the Plex driver to work on the Vero 4k  +? My dealer installed the driver and it catalog all the movies but when I select a movie to play, the Vero switch to the "Program Add on" screen. The Vero has a reserve IP in my router but the Driver shows a different ip address. The message we get is : cannot connect to the server. Please make sure the server is running. Below is what the driver showsimage.png.592e98b3b6c05e148b6f4a4ccb8c30af.png 

This question has been answered via email.  For anyone wondering.  Don't try to use the Plex Full driver to control Kodi.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, perioms said:

Video aspect ratio of mkv files always shows 1.78. Is it possible, that the Kodi driver gets this information from the nfo file?

The driver gets it from the Kodi API which is from the video file's aspect ratio itself.  We can't magic up new functionality not available in the Kodi API so no we can't get the NFO info unfortuantely.

3 hours ago, Ilushka85 said:

Has the driver ever been updated for push and hold for irusb?  I can't seem to get it to work on mine.

No we have not implemented push and hold functionality.  You can map the context menu button to another button though.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.