C4 Forums | Control4

Room Off Command

m.roberts

Can anyone explain to me precisely what sending the 'Turn Room Off' command does?

when I hit 'Room Off' on my sr260, it turns the tv off....

but if I program the room off command when playing music, it leaves the TV on and turns the music off.

Trying to get some definitive answers on how this works, so I can figure out how to code my routines properly.

TIA

As I understand it, Room Off turns off any active audio and video end points and their sources.  It doesn't do anything else other than AV.

Can you elaborate a bit more when you say "when playing music, it turns off music, but leaves the TV on"?   I must not understand what you mean, because Room off for me always turns off the TV and receiver.

Thanks guys.

Basically, I have distributed audio in a room.  I am trying to switch between that audio to the audio coming out of the television in that room.  Since I cannot seem to just turn off the distributed audio with a command, I have only found to send the ROOM OFF command.  Doing so does NOT seem to be turning the Television off, so then I am having to fire a command to turn the TV off sometimes too.

I'm probably not explaining this the best way

You may have multiple rooms in Control4 for that one physical room. One room controlling the distributed audio, Living Room Audio. One room controlling the TV, Living Room TV. The room off command should shut off any AV devices in the room, but that's only for the how the room is defined in Control4.

If you have it set up so that you can listen to music overhead while you watch something else on the TV, you likely have 2 rooms in Control4 (or something else custom-programmed by your Dealer).

To have separate, discreet control of AV sources and volume with Control4, you need separate rooms in Control4. It's definitely possible to handle multiple sources with custom programming, but then your control of the AV and volume is less automatic and requires more custom programming. 

In these situations, I recommend using separate rooms. The setup is easier, and the only user downside is that you have to change rooms to control the other source. IE, to change the TV channel, after changing the music, you have to change rooms from Living Room Audio to Living Room TV, and then you can adjust the Watch source in Living Room TV. To go back and change audio, you have to reverse that. Change rooms to Living Room Audio, and then adjust the Listen source.

This creates an extra step on the control side, but keeps things simpler. I prefer simple and reliable solutions, even if they take an extra step to use.

You don't have to change rooms, you can program some buttons on the remote to adjust the volume in another room. Only problem is that you need composer pro or call your installer and ask him to do it...

Also a better explanation of your system would help us help you more .

Sent from my LG G2

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, C4 BEAR said:

So is there a fast way to program it to turn off the the stuff in the ENTIRE room (all lights, etc) without having to put in a command for each light/fan/etc to turn off?

no, but i believe someone wrote a driver that will do this....

For some reason, I am having issues with my lighting scenes working. I am able to initiate them from inside of composer, but they will not work from my touch screens or my iOS devices. So I have to list each command under the programming for a particular button on my 6 button switches. I can't seem to figure out why my lighting scenes won't work any more. I used to love to be able to just toggle them on and off from my phone.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a Control 4 system installed late 2010. HC200 and HC300 and Control 4 multi-channel with Binary ADVMatrix, Yamaha pulling from 2 Apple TV’s and a Roku stick with output of TV and audio to about 8 rooms. 

The HC300 has flashing red wifi with power button blue. All of my IRS are blinking red as well. The Ethernet cable light is on. 

First question, based on various other posts in this forum it seems that replacing the power supply may be a fix. I am trying to purchase a used HC300 off ebay to pull out that power supply unit since Allied is out of stock. Is this a viable option?

A short term remedy I am using is that I plugged my RGB wires for my main Tv room directly into the Apple TV and I was lucky enough to have the audio for that room on Apple TV so the audio and video are synched. 

Note.. none of my remotes are working. Either stuck on the room name with functioning clock or “waiting  for network”. I note this bc I want to try and direct wire a second room with TV to my Roku stick. I’ve done this and the video comes thru but I have no idea how to turn the audio on for this room. Any suggestions?

I should also note that my system is so old that my Apple Control4 app can not be used bc I cannot connect to the system. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed. 

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Blll said:

I have a Control 4 system installed late 2010. HC200 and HC300 and Control 4 multi-channel with Binary ADVMatrix, Yamaha pulling from 2 Apple TV’s and a Roku stick with output of TV and audio to about 8 rooms. 

The HC300 has flashing red wifi with power button blue. All of my IRS are blinking red as well. The Ethernet cable light is on. 

First question, based on various other posts in this forum it seems that replacing the power supply may be a fix. I am trying to purchase a used HC300 off ebay to pull out that power supply unit since Allied is out of stock. Is this a viable option?

A short term remedy I am using is that I plugged my RGB wires for my main Tv room directly into the Apple TV and I was lucky enough to have the audio for that room on Apple TV so the audio and video are synched. 

Note.. none of my remotes are working. Either stuck on the room name with functioning clock or “waiting  for network”. I note this bc I want to try and direct wire a second room with TV to my Roku stick. I’ve done this and the video comes thru but I have no idea how to turn the audio on for this room. Any suggestions?

I should also note that my system is so old that my Apple Control4 app can not be used bc I cannot connect to the system. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed. 

Thank you.

Hello, why u r posting the same irrelevant question in this thread? Pls stick to one post so pple can help you, spamming the forum won’t help 😁

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.