C4 Forums | Control4

2.8.2 C4 iOS APP rocks! (not!)

You know what I like about the C4 iOS APP on version 2.8.2.....nothing....it crashes every time I open it, but once it crashes, it works correctly for one cycle, so I guess that pretty cool.  Anyone else have any issue with it? Oh, and lets not forget the random, "you are not authorized for this system".....huh?  Plus, once it loads correctly, I can hit lights on and off but they won't change for at least 10 seconds, and then it good to go after 10 seconds.  If I wrote the APP, I would put a loading icon in, until it actually connects (same issue with the iWatch APP). 

Have you looked at the crash logs. Have you submitted the crash logs to C4?

There is a send logs option in the app. I would use that. Something is off with your system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long should the iphone 6S with plenty of ram take to "connect"? Everytime I open the app it has to do this and it takes anywhere from 30sec to 2 minutes on wither LTE network or in the homes wifi network. Is this normal? I have an EA5 controller

Depends on if you need to re-sync settings (meaning something design-wise has changed in your project), how good your wifi network is, how large your project is, etc.  The app also needs to parse your system info like what's on in each room, lights, variable states, etc.

The long delay usually only happens to me the first time I open app on a daily basis, anywhere from 30-60 seconds.  After the initial connection, it's ready to go in under 7 seconds the next time I open it.

On June 21, 2016 at 11:38 AM, StroTek LLC said:

I would guess its the app.. uninstall and reinstall.. and see if that helps

I tried this again yesterday, and so far it seems to be much more stable.  I can open the app without it crashing every other time now!

Archived