C4 Forums | Control4

Black wire ring doorbell driver

cannemi

If you aren't getting events I can almost guarantee you're not on 1.8.5. Major, major improvements went into 1.8.4 both on the server and driver and one small edge case bug fixed in 1.8.5. We're super happy with how this is working now.

Unfortunately, at C4's request, we haven't implemented an auto-update on our drivers so you'll have to do it manually.

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2017 at 6:15 AM, Kevin L said:

It is an event only driver at the current time.  You get a programmable event for button presses and motion events. 

Hi Kevin

Are there plans to implement video at some point?

31 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

From what I have heard it will likely not happen. The ring app works well for what it is.

BlackWire has chosen to wait until a few things are in place by Control4 before enabling Ring video to ensure they experience is the best it can be. 

There is no ETA. 

7 hours ago, Kevin L said:

BlackWire has chosen to wait until a few things are in place by Control4 before enabling Ring video to ensure they experience is the best it can be. 

There is no ETA. 

Ok, thx Kevin. So there is a chance it will happen. The other option was doorbid but I have read that there are some driver issues and doorbird is freaking expensive with the extras I would need so it was very unattractive

9 hours ago, blub said:

Ok, thx Kevin. So there is a chance it will happen. The other option was doorbid but I have read that there are some driver issues and doorbird is freaking expensive with the extras I would need so it was very unattractive

DS2 is the best but it does come at a premium$.  

4 hours ago, dcovach said:

DS2 is the best but it does come at a premium$.  

Yes for Control4 this is true.

My doorbell broke and I needed it to be replaced rather quickly. That and the fact that I can't get POE to the front door easily, the 2-wire POE adapter has to go somewhere, made get 2 Ring doorbells for now.
I will do some major redecoration when the kids stop painting the walls and I will reconsider a DS2 setup with some wall-panels, the latter of which I don't have now.

3 hours ago, Avhome77 said:

I've only done one DS2, but don't you think the video sucks quality-wise compared to the Ring or Doorbird?

Without starting another debate on the battle of the doorstations, compared to 4k they all suck.  But doorstations at this very present moment aren't at that level yet. 

For a user with the need for a full intercom system within a c4 environment, the DS2 has more options than any of the others. It took a while but they finally got to the level we were expecting.

Anyways, I don't like bashing product because there are many forum consequences that come with it. Long annoying debates.

I've seen @blub's question asked many times by others about the Ring with the same answer, until @Kevin L came up with an interesting reply.  I look forward to that.

22 hours ago, dcovach said:

I've seen @blub's question asked many times by others about the Ring with the same answer, until @Kevin L came up with an interesting reply.  I look forward to that.

If had any Contrtol4 touchscreens and the time for POE cabling I had chosen the DS2. But for now Ring seems just fine for a 30 minute setup per door and no actual need for control4 integration - I don't even have door relay for remote opening anyways 😉

Archived