C4 Forums | Control4

7" T3 bottom section not responding to touch

True. I have managed to had 16 Lutron switches (not bogging down the system since they are integrated through telenet) four Sonos speakers, an ecobee with five temp sensors and four cameras. More along the lines of your typical DIY convert. I am happy so far but this was the route my wife mad me go to get started. I wish I had used my HC-250 that was given to me. 

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue with the T3 tabletops (10") touchscreens not responding to touch. I've already replaced one under warranty before, but the second one started showing the same symptoms right after the warranty has expired. Hard resetting does nothing. Some in-wall T3s also have issues. One of mine starts just "jumping around" menu options on its own. Another one always wants to take me to the "Add to Favorites" menu no matter what I press. I've tried to reset them as well, but the problems come back a few mins after reboot. Overall, I'd say I am very disappointed with the C4 T3 screens and wish there was a way to replace them with the integrated iPads without losing functionality.

I have 10 T3 panels and only 1 has failed in 2 years. I guess you got a bad batch there. Have you checked with your control4 dealer to check on warranty and if out of warranty, what your options are? There are always options

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

I have 10 T3 panels and only 1 has failed in 2 years. I guess you got a bad batch there. Have you checked with your control4 dealer to check on warranty and if out of warranty, what your options are? There are always options

All of the Control4 touch screens have been a struggle... the T3 is unfortunately no different.  This was acknowledged issue by Control4. It's more than a bad batch and unfortunately it usually comes after a few years right about the time the warranty is up. Let's hope yours all stay working. I would work with the your dealer. That is what they SHOULD be there for.... 

On 3/30/2018 at 2:36 PM, Matt Lowe said:

this would be an issue for control4 to fix as its likely a defective panel.  they have a 2 year warranty if bought new

i have 3 at home and they have been great so far for 2 months just about.

Actually the warranty is 2 years from date of purchase by dealer with the possibility to extend it for a further period (typically 90 days) if the dealer kept in inventory and did not immediately sell it to a customer.  It doesn't matter if the current owner is not the original purchaser, the same warranty period applies.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:27 PM, AK1 said:

Actually the warranty is 2 years from date of purchase by dealer with the possibility to extend it for a further period (typically 90 days) if the dealer kept in inventory and did not immediately sell it to a customer.  It doesn't matter if the current owner is not the original purchaser, the same warranty period applies.

They've changed this its date of purchase for the customer with proof of purchase.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.