C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - TP-Link Wifi Smart Home Driver Suite

alanchow

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

I really appreciate the partnership that Andy has built. Lots of time in making this driver rock solid. I have many clients happily using this driver and I plan to start using it again my new home. 

This release absolutely wouldn't have happened without you and everyone else who tested (especially those last 2 bugs, which were particularly devious, and I originally didn't even think to test the lights in the fashion you and Trey were using them, until you guys mentioned it). 

So thanks to everyone who contributed..  

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any recommended settings for the auto output AV device when using an Xbox Series X?
It appears that when you turn the console off, watts drops to approx. 30, this triggers the room off as intended. After a few minutes watts then jump to 70+ for a few seconds before the console goes into standby, this triggers the output select device to turn the TV back on.

I've just increased the energy poll rate to 4 seconds to see if it helps.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 105211.png

Edit:

Instead of using the built in options, I've done it in programming with a 5 minute timer which is started when the device triggers the min action. The max action then has a condition to check that the timer isn't running before triggering the source selection. 

• 7 months later...

I am having an issue with multipe LB130 bulbs in a scene where they will not turn all of the way off.. the issue is that they still slightly glow when "Off" in the scene.  The scene is bound to a keypad button, as are the individual lamps.  They turn all of the way off when the operated individually.  What am I missing?

4 hours ago, Time2Jet said:

I am having an issue with multipe LB130 bulbs in a scene where they will not turn all of the way off.. the issue is that they still slightly glow when "Off" in the scene.  The scene is bound to a keypad button, as are the individual lamps.  They turn all of the way off when the operated individually.  What am I missing?

Please reach out to our support team via ticket or phone and we can help troubleshoot 

https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 12:44 PM, Time2Jet said:

It does.  It's a pretty thorough driver.  Considering the low cost of devices, it's a really good driver.

do you know what the command is? im looking to press an up or down button on a pico to be able to dim up or down the light. the ramp up/down slowly dims it up or down.

• 3 weeks later...

For triggering an AV device, I have my Xbox and Wii setup, but it won't automatically switch inputs even though I have the wattages set correctly?  I had to manually add the "when output has reached maximum value" programming to make it switch over.

Am I missing something?  This works great, but I thought the properties setting would negate having to do this, not that it's a huge deal, just want to make sure I'm setting things up properly.  Great driver by the way!

image.thumb.png.b5e033eec9bb4bc210a9d6b04c59b8b8.png

image.thumb.png.38f66a9e3522dc8e13fe7fa404a07e48.png

On 9/30/2023 at 1:11 PM, neil12011 said:

For triggering an AV device, I have my Xbox and Wii setup, but it won't automatically switch inputs even though I have the wattages set correctly?  I had to manually add the "when output has reached maximum value" programming to make it switch over.

Am I missing something?  This works great, but I thought the properties setting would negate having to do this, not that it's a huge deal, just want to make sure I'm setting things up properly.  Great driver by the way!

For suport please reach out via the methods in the link below.

https://chowmain.software/for-integrators/technical-support

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 3:55 AM, therockhr said:

what is the command i need to use to turn the brightness down or up?

G'day,

I've never used the PICO, but does it not have full push/hold/release capabilities? Devices like the Bond SideKick and C4 Configurable keypads have the ability to push and hold (which will trigger dimming until released). In that case, it could just use a BUTTON_LINK

Sorry for taking so long to respond (was away for the past 2 days, due to Melbourne Cup weekend)

Andy

4 hours ago, therockhr said:

It doesnt show up as an option for button_link in connections.

If the PICO doesn't have a button_link, you should be able to use the Button commands Programming. You'd use press for the button push, and release for button release. If the PICO doesn't have a click command, you might need to do some timer programming to emulate a single click instead

image.png

So firstly, I've never used Lutron, but its a bit weird they don't have BUTTON_LINK's under connections if thats the case (even our ELK M1 Alarm driver has BUTTON_LINK's for things like Function keys, and that's not even a primary function of the device).

So, I'd firstly speak to Lutron about getting it added.. Otherwise, COMPLETELY untested (and you may need to fudge around with it). You'll have to do this for every button I guess

• Make a timer called clickActive for 750ms (or however long until dimming is delayed for)
  • On Button Press
    • ReStart ClickActive timer
    • Press Top Button (Light)
  • On Button Release
    • Release Top Button
    • if ClickActive Timer is Running
      • Single Click Top Button (light)..Or just do the on command
    • Stop ClickActive Timer

I'm guessing that should work