C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Iphone App issue

Nehsmit

Is there a way to keep the c4 app logged in so that everytime I want to make a change I dont have to wait for it to connect. I can literally make a change and open a different app and 1 second later go back to c4 and it spins to reconnect. Any work around for this?

Agreed have heard many times and on my post similar to this one on the ridiculous speed.

I am so glad they working on it and apparently fixes the connecting ..... issue.

I just don’t get why this specific issue is taking so long to publish. Being such a fundamental flaw, releasing a update for the app that just addresses this, would be a customer centric approach.

Only thing I can think of is that its a deeper issue that requires controllers to be updated etc ...

Same issue as the OSD it use to be so much faster in 2.x. I have two EA5s so its not like its a hardware issue ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

54 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

Agreed have heard many times and on my post similar to this one on the ridiculous speed.

I am so glad they working on it and apparently fixes the connecting ..... issue.

I just don’t get why this specific issue is taking so long to publish. Being such a fundamental flaw, releasing a update for the app that just addresses this, would be a customer centric approach.

Only thing I can think of is that its a deeper issue that requires controllers to be updated etc ...

Same issue as the OSD it use to be so much faster in 2.x. I have two EA5s so its not like its a hardware issue ...

I have the beta version and it’s fast, it for sure working with the current 2.10.6, as for why it takes this long to release beats me, probably they are fixing other things or additions new features as well! But remember C4 was never fast ...

On 8/30/2019 at 10:54 AM, ILoveControl said:

Thank you, how do you get the beta app. Want to get this before the wife punches me in the face, comment “this nee automation thingie is sh1t” I understand the fustration.

One of Control4 staff that was working on my issue provided me with an invitation to test the beta version for fixing all my camera feeds, a problem I reported back in  April, they had access to my system since then and worked a lot till they figured out the issue and provided the fix in the beta release!

5 hours ago, Amr said:

One of Control4 staff that was working on my issue provided me with an invitation to test the beta version for fixing all my camera feeds, a problem I reported back in  April, they had access to my system since then and worked a lot till they figured out the issue and provided the fix in the beta release!

7E99BFEE-93B5-4405-A82F-0CBEF4BDFBF0.jpeg

I must say, C4 seems to have been more open recently about letting end users in on Betas (which I think is great but I need to be careful what I say as I get in to a lot of trouble every time I mention Betas).  On another thread, there was even mention of a possible public beta for the iOS app (which I think would be a massive step forward).

42 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I must say, C4 seems to have been more open recently about letting end users in on Betas (which I think is great but I need to be careful what I say as I get in to a lot of trouble every time I mention Betas).  On another thread, there was even mention of a possible public beta for the iOS app (which I think would be a massive step forward).

Testing is part of “Beta”, this is the nature of software, I report back it works and they collect logs and at the end they issue the GA release. As long as you don’t share the app then it’s Okay to talk about it and encourage others that a fix on the way ...

I must agree with this comment now if they only had a beta for the T3

2 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Wait what? You saying if you do open the ticket there is a beta for the T3s?

No, all am saying if you have an issue let C4 investigate it, they will be able to pin point if it’s C4 related or not, so u can fix your issues.  I don’t know if there is a fix for T3 or not, it depends, in my case I had no camera feeds in my IOS app, probably there was others that report the issue and hence a fix is done!

2 hours ago, Amr said:

No, all am saying if you have an issue let C4 investigate it, they will be able to pin point if it’s C4 related or not, so u can fix your issues.  I don’t know if there is a fix for T3 or not, it depends, in my case I had no camera feeds in my IOS app, probably there was others that report the issue and hence a fix is done!

Ah got you will get my dealer to open the support ticket. The interesting part is that its doing the exact same thing with "connecting" as the iOS app is doing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.