C4 Forums | Control4

My Movies 3.1.1

Mike_S101

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

I've not tested this, but I wonder if it's doing existing files fine now (pre 3.1.1 the issue was that it wasn't giving you control over media players when selecting a movie) - whether those movies are loaded from the collection management driver or not, but that doesn't mean the col-man driver is working for scanning?

Just a thought - we've dropped MyMovies (as in the danish database)/collection management quite some time ago, and am not sure any exisitng clients are on OS3.

I’d bet your right. It was working fine for me at my old house, but when I moved and setup a new project it wouldn’t work anymore. I suspect it I’d left whatever I had working alone it would still be working, but for whatever reason nothing new will work. 

This is the message I keep getting - over and over and over. Any ideas?
image.thumb.png.8748947c08e2a86501ae3569891b9f84.png

Find the last movie imported into c4 in the mymovies program. Delete the next movie in line from mymovies program (make sure your titles are sorted by collection number, not alphabetically). It should continue on importing.

My issue is that the driver will not reconnect to mymovies server after director restarts. I have to rebuild the database via driver to reconnect.

Find the last movie imported into c4 in the mymovies program. Delete the next movie in line from mymovies program (make sure your titles are sorted by collection number, not alphabetically). It should continue on importing.

My issue is that the driver will not reconnect to mymovies server after director restarts. I have to rebuild the database via driver to reconnect.

It’s imported zero movies, so where does that leave me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If C4 would change the time out to something longer than 15 seconds, this issue would disappear. Back in !yMovies 4 days, 15 seconds was way more enough for every movie title.  That is no longer the case.  In my collection of 200 movies, 5 will time out like this and had to be deleted...

I have a  question about the my movies driver. I play my movies through dune and a synology nas. The problem I'm having is when the movie is selected the Marantz receiver jumps from the correct source which I have named dune(DVD) to cd. Now if I manually press the correct source on the marantz remote the movie plays fine. I have the latest 3.1.1 Home edition. Is this part of the trouble with my movies driver or could  there be something wrong in my home edition programing causing this problem. Thanks

2 hours ago, daveva said:

I have a  question about the my movies driver. I play my movies through dune and a synology nas. The problem I'm having is when the movie is selected the Marantz receiver jumps from the correct source which I have named dune(DVD) to cd. Now if I manually press the correct source on the marantz remote the movie plays fine. I have the latest 3.1.1 Home edition. Is this part of the trouble with my movies driver or could  there be something wrong in my home edition programing causing this problem. Thanks

Sounds more like a binding issue (I.e. something set up incorrectly in Composer Pro). Your dealer would need to look at this.

• 1 month later...

Just started getting the Following Error Message 

LUA_ERROR [id: 795][name: My Movies Collection][file: ExtraVeg_My_Movies_Collection_Management.c4i][method: OnConnectionStatusChanged]: [string "Lua Code"]:2279: attempt to index global 'MediaIDs' (a nil value) 

Anyone got any ideas ?

We are on 3.1.2 and running a HC800 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, daveva said:

I am in the exact same boat.  I have my movies driver with a dune and synology.  It used to work just fine and now it doesnt.  I have control of the DUNE from C4 and when I select a movie from "My Movies" it switches the input correctly to the DUNE and the movie doesnt play.  I can see all the movies in the Media Tab and the if I rebuild the database it find all of the movies successfully.  The issue is the video wont play automatically on the DUNE when I select play movie from "My Movies"

I can select a movie on the DUNE screen itself and it plays just fine.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Jaffacree said:

I am in the exact same boat.  I have my movies driver with a dune and synology.  It used to work just fine and now it doesnt.  I have control of the DUNE from C4 and when I select a movie from "My Movies" it switches the input correctly to the DUNE and the movie doesnt play.  I can see all the movies in the Media Tab and the if I rebuild the database it find all of the movies successfully.  The issue is the video wont play automatically on the DUNE when I select play movie from "My Movies"

I can select a movie on the DUNE screen itself and it plays just fine.

Thoughts?

Sorry I can't help you. I don't think I ever resolved this problem. What I did was switched from a dune to a zappiti with the chowmain driver.

Just to point this out:

the MyMovies driver is a database driver that allows importing data from the MyMovies database (a 3rd party database).

While I have ZERO clue if/how it still works in current systems, it uses an encrypted path (and I suspect that is where the issue is).

My Movies the Control4 interface option is the native 'interface' to view and select movies. the MyMovies DRIVER populates the information in interface if you use it.

You COULD drop the driver however and use the NATIVE network folder scanning instead - I can confirm THAT works (and that Dune players will work with it) in OS3+.

Issue with native scanning is that results are less complete and less accurate. Upside is that you CAN actually go in and edit the info in Composer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.