C4 Forums | Control4

Getting temperature readings

1 hour ago, Dinushan Paranavithana said:

Hi @RAV,

Can we use the value to program?

Yes. And can be displayed in interfaces using the thermostat proxy.

You could also pickup a gen 1 tstat pretty cheap on ebay and just connect power to it. Depends on what you have in mind.

11 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

I would suggest relying on the HVAC equipment to check temperatures. You want that system to be functional with out C4 and just have C4 to monitor control and adjust.

Hi @Matt Lowe,

My customer wants to get rid of the in-wall thermostat which comes with regular AC units. Since the temperature sensor is inside the thermostat, I need to use another c4 compatible temperature sensor to update the proxy.

The control inputs and outputs of Cool Master Net Zones can be seen in the following image.

https://ibb.co/Bgr7Scz

It doesn't have a temperature input.

14 hours ago, Dinushan Paranavithana said:

Hi @Matt Lowe,

My customer wants to get rid of the in-wall thermostat which comes with regular AC units. Since the temperature sensor is inside the thermostat, I need to use another c4 compatible temperature sensor to update the proxy.

The control inputs and outputs of Cool Master Net Zones can be seen in the following image.

https://ibb.co/Bgr7Scz

It doesn't have a temperature input.

does the thermostat support using external temperature probes? just relocate the head and use the probes for temperature.

• 10 months later...

How did you get on?
Similar question:
I've got Daikin units in 4 rooms currently each with their own wired wall mounted controller.  I also think the thermostat is in the controller?

I've got Evohome HR92 thermostatic valves on the radiators in each room too. 

Would you suggest hooking the aircon into Cool Master, removing the wall controllers and I guess relying on the sensors of the HR92?

Will I gain or loose any features? I've noticed that currently the Daikin units don't shut off automatically when they cool the air to the setpoint. Is that something Cool Master/Control could fix?

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, ERDrPC said:

This is what I have in all my rooms 

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Tekmar-084-Indoor-Sensor-Flush-Mount-7953000-p

Allows my zoned carrier system and zones tekmar system to get accurate temps

this is the correct solution. but the Thermostats will have to be able to support this function. The control4 units specifically have one external house probe and one for outside.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.