C4 Forums | Control4

Small A/V Room Fan

I have a 4 x 10 AV closet. All my gear is in this closet. I have two 0-10v continuous duty high efficiency fans, one inlet, one outlet. I wrote quick routine in C4 to manage fan speed based on temperature. Works great and keeps AV gear cool with fresh air. Now my inlet air comes from a room that is kept at a constant 72 degrees. And you will want to return the air to the same space you take air from so that you do not create a negative pressure in your house. 

7 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

negative pressure from slamming door to closet

It's going to depend a lot on how much air you're pulling out if a standard door doesn't have enough airflow passing along it to prevent that.

Most fans like the ones mentioned here aren't going to pull that much - does your bathroom fan require something to prevent neg pressure?

On 5/26/2021 at 2:23 AM, jamesc4 said:

We are building a small A\V Closet

about 4 feet x 3 feet

We don’t have ceiling space

we some space on two of the walls 

How can we keep air flow and not hot ?

I use this for my AV rack in my living room: AC Infinity AIRPLATE T8, Quiet Cooling Dual-Fan System 6" with Thermostat Control, for Home Theater AV Cabinets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075VFFMFL/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_E8HPXE0JP4G8564WKRBM

On 5/29/2021 at 6:52 AM, Neo1738 said:

prevent negative pressure from slamming door to closet

My rack/AV Closet has all network gear, C4 gear, streaming devices, AV preamps, 2 matrix amps, 2 7ch amps, and 3 large UPS’s (note all my TV and office computer outlets come off of these UPS’s as well). When the amps are cranking, this closet takes about 400 to 500 CFM to maintain temperature of 80 degrees with intake air no higher than 73 degrees. I use two in-line ducted fans, one for inlet and one for outlet to keep the pressure balanced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.