C4 Forums | Control4

Better TiVo Watch Icon

dinom

I saw that another forum member has a much better icon for his TiVo watch activity compared to the bland (and somewhat fuzzy) black and white version that I have.  How can I get my dealer to update to the more colorful style?  I had asked him before and he wasn't aware of another icon to use.

Mine:

Photo%20Nov%2016,%2010%2010%2024%20AM.pn

What I would like instead:

Photo%20Oct%2009,%206%2019%2008%20AM.jpg

Perhaps I should have said, consumer facing side of the business.  They may continue on getting licensing revenues from cable operators, fees from their analytics business, and from their programming guides that are sold to third parties, but the days of a TiVo DVR sold directly to consumers are numbered in my opinion.   If TiVo had any vision 3-5 years ago they could have been the first mover in the space now occupied by YouTube TV and Hulu + Live.  YouTube TV now has about 4 million subscribers, pushing it ahead of Hulu + Live TV as the biggest virtual MVPD in the U.S.

I would agree...and this is someone who has had YTTV for 4 years now and also has an OTA TiVo DVR. 

TiVo is just relatively a yesteryear idea and technology. They've had so many opportunities to try and make things better but then also don't treat their loyal customers well and keep trying to increase revenue through pre-roll ads; this is especially dumb for those who are already paying for TiVo service and/or have paid for the lifetime service (such as myself). 

I do agree that they'll likely only continue in the same vain as Arris/Motorola/Cisco with some of the OEM offerings. 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:54 AM, dinom said:

Thanks. Probably not worth the effort then. Sounds too time consuming and complex. 

-Assuming the driver isn't encrypted:

IF you have an available icon (set), it's really not that hard, nor is it time consuming. The trick is just knowing what to name the icons, and where to put them.

The hardest part is getting an icon in all the required resolutions, though if you have a big enough one, a C4 engineer made a little program that your dealer can get from the dealer support site that will spit out all possibly required sizes. Or you can manually create them from one larger on by changing the pixel size in photoshop.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.