C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev - Apple TV (tvOS 16) Driver for Control4

IntrinsicGroup

What does this driver do?

This Control4 Apple TV Driver allows a Control4 system to communicate with an Apple TV 4th, 5th (4K) or 6th (4K) generation running tvOS16 to communicate via ethernet.

View the driver here

Features:

• Navigation & transport control
    • Cursor Up, Down, Left & Right
    • Select & Cancel
    • Rewind & Fast Forward
    • Play
    • Pause
    • Home and Menu
    • Stop
    • Info (side menu)
  • Newly rewritten using Apple’s Companion protocol
  • Limited Direct App Launching functionality (requires manual programming)
  • Please Note – We only support final release Apple TV software and do not support any tvOS BETA releases
  • WiFi is supported, but a cabled ethernet connection is recommended
  • Driver requires an active internet connection
  • Driver uses Intrinsic(Athena) technology for key free licensing, update alerts and enhanced support
  • Intrinsic Standard Integration – Unofficial public API driver. This driver uses an API publicly available online but not officially released by Apple. This driver is fully supported for the specified firmware (tvOS16)/model for as long as the API is available. See “Supported Models” tab on the driver listing for more information.

Current version number: 221004

control4-Apple-tv16-small.jpg.d5e02603a7e42380206c5ecbd8bb509d.jpg

On 10/28/2022 at 9:42 AM, IntrinsicGroup said:
  • Limited Direct App Launching functionality (requires manual programming)

Do you guys have a manual/doc. handy that elaborates on this? I'm competent enough (through massive trial and error, ha) to use public APIs, so I'm interested in the details/what's possible. Thanks!

6 hours ago, booch said:

Do you guys have a manual/doc. handy that elaborates on this? I'm competent enough (through massive trial and error, ha) to use public APIs, so I'm interested in the details/what's possible. Thanks!

My understanding is the quick launch codes needed for popular apps are available in the programming interface in Composer... I've asked our developer if they can add some info to the manual

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/12/2023 at 7:31 PM, awk said:

any update here or general instructions on the direct app launching?

Direct app launching currently uses custom buttons and not miniApps at this time.

MiniApp development has to go through Control4's dev team and be signed off by them, I'll check with our developer where we are up to with that.

On 6/14/2023 at 1:18 PM, ekohn00 said:

iOS 17 was just announced, so you may need to push that out a bit more.

We're testing iOS 17 at the minute. As always, we don't support beta firmware and even if everything is compatible with the beta as it stands it doesn't always mean it will work when the firmware is actually released. But we're testing currently and will keep doing so with subsequent Apple beta releases. I don't have any info from our dev team as yet regarding the testing as the beta was only released on the 9th June but I should get an update from them soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.