C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 Driver for Hisense TV 120L9GU - Power On

Hello All

I have this TV, and everything works with Control 4, but not turning on the TV. I still have to keep my TV remote, which has a Control 4 driver.

https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?&q=&fq=manufacturer:"Hisense"

I am at the wit's end on this and was wondering if anyone with this TV has run into this issue and found a fix.  I am open to any suggestions. Once Powered on, everything works, including Power Off. 

Thanks Again

Rajesh

Hello 

I am using the driver from Control 4 website

I cannot see the documentation. My installer is having a hard time with this. How can I get documentation for this driver? I will again check my settings for energy stand by but I did not see one.

Thanks again for the help.

OK I'll bite.  Documentation is below.

Hardware Setup
·    Make sure that the TV and controller in the same Local Area Network. Connected by either wired or wireless means.

Control Connection Setup
·    Enable the “Control4 Port” on TV under the directory “Settings à Advanced System à Control4 Control Port”.
·    Launch Composer on a PC and search for the desired TV to connect.

Driver Setup
·    Add the driver in Composer software.    
Properties explanation
·    These commands can be accessed via Programming or Custom Buttons: 
            number, channel up/down, direction, volume +/-, mute on/off.   

Manufacture Technical support contact information:
·    To give us a call 1.888.935.8880
·    To shoot us an email service@hisense-usa.com

AC power off precautions
           ·    due to TV hardware limitations, in the event of a power failure, once power is returned the TV will need to be manually turned on via OEM remote or hard power button on TV to regain control.  

RELEASE NOTES: Version 1 -Initial Release 

On 2/16/2023 at 12:25 PM, House72 said:

Hello All

I have this TV, and everything works with Control 4, but not turning on the TV. I still have to keep my TV remote, which has a Control 4 driver.

I am at the wit's end on this and was wondering if anyone with this TV has run into this issue and found a fix.  I am open to any suggestions. Once Powered on, everything works, including Power Off. 

Thanks Again

Rajesh

Might have to make a custom driver on this one, I have had some issue with TCL another cheap option of TV. I find to stick to main stream brands of TV as i find they just work - in saying that though can't expect the customer to go out and buy new TV as the same time...

• 8 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 7:19 AM, House72 said:

Finally my amzing integrator did not give up. He was able to track down a solution and get this to work. I have enjoyed last few days of going back to one single remote. This week when my Halo is delivered will see if Siri works.

If you dont mind me asking what did he do to get this to work?

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2023 at 10:09 AM, texastallguy24 said:

If you dont mind me asking what did he do to get this to work?

Were you able to get any answers to the problem/fix? I'm scheduled to fix a problem that fits this description and would love to avoid a long troubleshooting process if possible.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:11 PM, Midnight1982 said:

Might have to make a custom driver on this one, I have had some issue with TCL another cheap option of TV. I find to stick to main stream brands of TV as i find they just work - in saying that though can't expect the customer to go out and buy new TV as the same time...

yeah...like Sony...oh wait....that IP integration broke.

Ok, try Samsung. Oh those FRAME Tvs keep breaking.

Fine...LG it is.  Shit...they break too.

The best TV integration I've seen has been Roku TV.  That API never changes and is super reliable for IP control.   TCL is the brand I stick with and it works really well. 

Otherwise....IR control seems to be full proof way to keep an integration running.

Really enjoying 3.5mm Rs232 port on Sony TV's, works great on all our projects.  We use TV's as displays only, and the best part is once its set it will work for ever! 

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Sony, LG, Samsung they all work fine.... 

Don't make me pull up screenshots of the dealer forums :) Sony's IP control took a shit a while back. LGs are also having on/off issues. 

Oh and there is this: 

On 2/19/2023 at 5:11 PM, Midnight1982 said:

Sony used to be rock solid -- but numerous issues now.

TCL Roku TVs have been rock solid for me via IP.

I know lots of folks have issues with Samsung Frame -- but my 2021 is rock solid via IP.  Too bad the TV sucks otherwise.

I have an older Vizio P-Series that has also been flawless on IP using the Annex4 driver.

No experience with LG -- but I have heard issues with WoL, etc.