C4 Forums | Control4

No Internet, No alarm

I have been using the music wake up feature without issues until my internet went down and the music did not play and there was no last train to the coast with the three men I admire most. So C4 developers, can you meke a default alarm sound if the internet goes down so people can wake up to an alarm. Sonos does this...

Thanks,

Don McLean

Great question and would love to know if that is possible. The only thing I’ve been able to find that helps a little bit when this happens is to open my shades and turn lights on. Not a perfect solution like an alarm would be, but it does work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Olichops said:

I have been using the music wake up feature without issues until my internet went down and the music did not play and there was no last train to the coast with the three men I admire most. So C4 developers, can you meke a default alarm sound if the internet goes down so people can wake up to an alarm. Sonos does this...

Thanks,

Don McLean

you have an ORVC products?  If so, they can tell if you have internet or not I believe, and you could have a T/F variable to play a streaming service or just an alarm MP3 based on that T/F variable?  There is also the Ping Driver and a few other things that can likely tell if you have internet.  so when the alarm goes off, ping, see if you have internet, set a T/F variable and if T play music and if F play the MP3 Alarm file

36 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

you have an ORVC products?  If so, they can tell if you have internet or not I believe, and you could have a T/F variable to play a streaming service or just an alarm MP3 based on that T/F variable?  There is also the Ping Driver and a few other things that can likely tell if you have internet.  so when the alarm goes off, ping, see if you have internet, set a T/F variable and if T play music and if F play the MP3 Alarm file

Most ping apps are a bad idea to add to your project.

Now, if they're doing a 'simulated ping', by sending an HTTP request or something along those lines, that's probably fine, but those that use a system call to do ping can cause long pauses in Director while they wait for a reply from the ping application.

RyanE

54 minutes ago, RyanE said:

Most ping apps are a bad idea to add to your project.

Now, if they're doing a 'simulated ping', by sending an HTTP request or something along those lines, that's probably fine, but those that use a system call to do ping can cause long pauses in Director while they wait for a reply from the ping application.

RyanE

fair enough - I wonder if a cheap TPLink or something has the variable to say it is offline (or some other device the OP may already have) and they can then use that as the variable in my example.  could be a long shot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.