C4 Forums | Control4

Mini Split Recommendations

DLite

We are thinking of installing a mini split unit to cool our garage.  What are the best choices if we want to integrate it? Are there specific brands that integrate more easily, or brands to avoid?  Also, what drivers are out there for an application like this?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DLite said:

We are thinking of installing a mini split unit to cool our garage.  What are the best choices if we want to integrate it? Are there specific brands that integrate more easily, or brands to avoid?  Also, what drivers are out there for an application like this?

Thanks!

Beside the Daikin; one of the best AC units in the market; You can go Sensibo route, it’s not fully two way but it works like a charm, never missed in controlling any of my 6 Split units that is integrated to C4, more over even if u use the original remote it sends its status back to C4. Chowmain driver is super as well and cost will be a fraction of other solutions.

We have several drivers that control split systems.

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

Thanks! The Daikin solution looks awesome.

9 hours ago, alanchow said:

Hi Alan,

I'll ask here as others may benefit from the answer.

So I have two heat solutions in my home and while I was using IFTT for the switch over that is now paid so I am looking for a C4 integrated soluition.

Backup heat (and hot water) is Oil controlled by ecobees (2 one per floor) and that is nicely integrated to C4

Primary Heat/Cool is a Mitsubishi Minisplit system with Kumo Cloud (no integration to C4 at present)

This is a second home that is also rented to weekly tenants during parts of the summer so needs to be simple / room control level control for the cool during that time.

So what would be the best / the option of the ones you propose above as part of making all that work inside C4 and probably keeping the IR remotes so the rental residents have a stick to point at the device just like they are used to and not needing me to install lots of touch screens or something to replace them (have guests break etc).

Thanks,

10 hours ago, SMHarman said:

Hi Alan,

I'll ask here as others may benefit from the answer.

So I have two heat solutions in my home and while I was using IFTT for the switch over that is now paid so I am looking for a C4 integrated soluition.

Backup heat (and hot water) is Oil controlled by ecobees (2 one per floor) and that is nicely integrated to C4

Primary Heat/Cool is a Mitsubishi Minisplit system with Kumo Cloud (no integration to C4 at present)

This is a second home that is also rented to weekly tenants during parts of the summer so needs to be simple / room control level control for the cool during that time.

So what would be the best / the option of the ones you propose above as part of making all that work inside C4 and probably keeping the IR remotes so the rental residents have a stick to point at the device just like they are used to and not needing me to install lots of touch screens or something to replace them (have guests break etc).

Thanks,

We don't have a driver for Kumo cloud.  At this stage we recommend replacing the module with an Intesis.

Having said that we would love to give Kumo cloud a shot to see if we can integrate it.  We would need remote access to your Control4 system and need your Kumo Cloud username and password as well to do the development.

No promises on if we can actually achieve it or not.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:21 PM, alanchow said:

Our HVAC guys apparently prefer to install a Mitsubishi Electric mini split.  The model number they proposed is compatible with the Intesis module linked to above. I see Intesis has a "universal" module and a "brand-specific" module.  Am I correct that the universal module is the only option of that two that allows me to use either the Mitsubishi's factory remote or Control4, where there is feedback to Control4 even from the factory remote? 

On 6/23/2023 at 1:38 AM, GLOBATEK said:

Hi,

Do you know if the Daikin WiFi Split driver work with the new Daikin CIRRA series(CTX12AXVJU) with the optional WiFi dongle (AZAI6WSCDKB S21 adaptor)?

Thanks,

Nicholas Gauthier

This will not work.  Given it has a S21 port i would recommend installing either an IntesisBox (model below) or a Daikin BRPxxxAxx / BRPxxxBxx model adapter.  Recent C model adapters are cloud only which our driver does not work with.

https://www.intesis.com/products/ac-interfaces/wifi-gateways/daikin-ascii-wifi-ac-dk-ac-wmp-1?ordercode=INWMPDAI001I000

On 6/24/2023 at 5:14 AM, YseanY said:

Alan, any chance something is in the works for Samsung split units with wifi modules (remotely controllable in Smartthings)?

This is not in development.  Also note that we usually do not pre-announce what we are doing as we don't want people to commit to hardware choices before we finish a driver (sometimes driver projects get abandoned due to circumstances).

48 minutes ago, DLite said:

Our HVAC guys apparently prefer to install a Mitsubishi Electric mini split.  The model number they proposed is compatible with the Intesis module linked to above. I see Intesis has a "universal" module and a "brand-specific" module.  Am I correct that the universal module is the only option of that two that allows me to use either the Mitsubishi's factory remote or Control4, where there is feedback to Control4 even from the factory remote? 

There are multiple IntesisBox models.  You need to make sure it is compatible with home automation protocol (this is their local protocol) and not their AC or ST Cloud integrations.

Basically if you can control it without a control system (ie via an app on your mobile device directly) then it is AC or ST Cloud and cannot be integrated into Control4.

Compatible models listed below.

https://www.intesis.com/products/ac-interfaces/wifi-gateways

2 hours ago, alanchow said:

This will not work.  Given it has a S21 port i would recommend installing either an IntesisBox (model below) or a Daikin BRPxxxAxx / BRPxxxBxx model adapter.  Recent C model adapters are cloud only which our driver does not work with.

https://www.intesis.com/products/ac-interfaces/wifi-gateways/daikin-ascii-wifi-ac-dk-ac-wmp-1?ordercode=INWMPDAI001I000

This is not in development.  Also note that we usually do not pre-announce what we are doing as we don't want people to commit to hardware choices before we finish a driver (sometimes driver projects get abandoned due to circumstances).

There are multiple IntesisBox models.  You need to make sure it is compatible with home automation protocol (this is their local protocol) and not their AC or ST Cloud integrations.

Basically if you can control it without a control system (ie via an app on your mobile device directly) then it is AC or ST Cloud and cannot be integrated into Control4.

Compatible models listed below.

https://www.intesis.com/products/ac-interfaces/wifi-gateways

Thanks, @alanchow.  That makes sense.  I cross-checked against your list to ensure it matches.  

45 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Not sure if this will work with the Mitsubishi system they are proposing, but I recently used Control4 thermostats to control a Mitsubishi system using their thermostat interface-

https://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-Electric-Thermostat-Interface-R2/dp/B01BNW6PZM

Very interesting, thanks. That seems worth looking into as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.