C4 Forums | Control4

How to discover/see what my bindings are in HE?

Hi all,

New to C4 and your forum.
Already found a lot of information relevant to our system and things we want to improve.

We have a new system and still in the process figuring out what bindings/programming we want on our buttons.
A lot bindings/connections and programming is already in place.
We also use Composer HE.

In finding out how our home works (and how HE works) I do find it strange that we are not able to SEE what bindings are assigned to different buttons.
I do understand that there is a difference between Pro and HE and acknowledge the knowledge of my pro/consultant and that we are not allowed to ADD bindings/connections.

Are we able to actually see what binding is assigned to a specific button without calling our pro each and every time?

Again, I do not have the need to change the bindings/connections, I just want to know what bindings are assigned to a specific button.
(e.g. difficult to discover if a button has a binding to one specific light or binding to a light scene, and if so, what light scene)

How are we able to see bindings?
Maybe in HE or even via a direct look in backups?

We are already enjoying our Control4 system and looking forward to fine tune our buttons.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Time2Jet said:

This is a good point, If an end user prefers to program all of his keypads, maybe it's best that  we don't make any bindings and allow them to programming their operation in HE.

I know bindings have a lot of advantages above programming (e.g. LEDs and up/down button associations) so in most situations bindings are our preferred way to go.

It would be very helpful to know (to see in HE) the bindings applied/in place.

6 hours ago, eggzlot said:

You can’t in HE

there is a report your dealer can pdf out of Pro to give you a good idea 

Good point.

If it's a pdf, it would be very insightful when printing this pdf would be available in HE.

Sounds like a easy solution and a lot of added (necessary) information for HE users.

7 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

the issue is there is not a big enough demand.

For me it seems that bindings are essential information from a (our) system which is missing in HE.

7 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

In the end if your physical system is well documented and labeled it may not even have any benefit to have.

Please let me know where and how it can be documented if a button has a binding with a light or with a light scene?

14 hours ago, anon2828 said:

HE should look and feel exactly the same as PRO, but the PRO functions should be read-only.

I fully agree with this and as far as I know this is pretty much the case (bar a few exceptions). Monitoring is (I think) pretty much a (partially) read only version of System Design (and I guess that is why it was given the name) without some of the functionality (e.g Adding, Renaming and deleting devices).

The exceptions are where it falls a little short (but miles ahead of the competition from what I hear).  The exceptions being.

1. There should (my view) be a read only version of the Connections tab;

2. There should be a read only version of some of the tools available (e.g. Detective Suite, System Diagnostics and Driver Manager).

While I would love to see HE changed for the above, it is not (in my view) a massive miss as long as you have a good dealer.

16 hours ago, pvz said:

For me it seems that bindings are essential information from a (our) system which is missing in HE.

Please let me know where and how it can be documented if a button has a binding with a light or with a light scene?

I am speaking to the overall percentage of users that use HE compared to those that don't. 

Documentation in the form of labeling, engraving, and a system build sheet. And if you have all that it's easy. 

You can also press many buttons and be able to tell how the system reacts, if a device is remote you should be able to see the change in the control4 app as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to ask my dealer for this. I am a bit of a neophyte, but I must be doing programming on a lot of keypad buttons that is being layered on top of some bindings. A button push sees to first activate the binding command(s) and then the programming commands. Seems to be in that order. So a button push might turn on a lot of lights and then move to shutting down the house. 

yeah I often take screen snips of the connections and send to my clients so they can see the bindings.  some clients ask me to remove them all so that they have complete control in HE, but its not as easy to configure the LEDs to "track" lights/scenes/shades, which happens automatically when you do them with connections.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.