C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev and myQ announce official partnership

9 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Tried it in 1 system and had issues 

Can you submit a support request at www.intrinsicdev.com/support? We've only had one support ticket and they were trying to use it with a showroom license pack which isn't possible. We've also had orders with an incorrect MAC address which will block the pairing process.

4 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

I just tried the official release and having the same problem as others...doesn't provide a pairing code...womp womp.

They told me you have to buy it. No trials and no showroom license that is why no pairing code 

31 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Can you submit a support request at www.intrinsicdev.com/support? We've only had one support ticket and they were trying to use it with a showroom license pack which isn't possible. We've also had orders with an incorrect MAC address which will block the pairing process.

I emailed you all 

57 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

They told me you have to buy it. No trials and no showroom license that is why no pairing code 

37 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Why does it say trial running then? 

the email I got says the following.. so it certainly seems like a trial is available - its just separate to the usual Showroom license they offered.

image.png.12c603b7827993310d9e3241b0d47ea3.png

Also noted they do not include the driver in the Control4 Driver Pack, even though the pack used to state "Every time a new Control4 driver is added to our website we also add it free of charge to all existing Control4 driver packs" - this text has since been changed to mention it doesn't in regards to "Intrinsic Licensed Partner Integration drivers" i.e. myQ 

image.png.536edd3e84144e8848692093fea34009.png

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

We have free showroom licences available - it's just not automatically included in the showroom pack, due the myQ licence fee, but you can request a myQ licence on the Showroom request form:

https://www.intrinsicdev.com/showroom-license-request/

image.png.580228a93252b1d04f4e14379ded1d37.png

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

I emailed you all 

Can you confirm which email you used?  The last email we can see from your address is 02/02/2020?  For support requests, it's best to submit a ticket on the Support system direct, as this is monitored by our tech team, rather than our admin team:

https://www.intrinsicdev.com/support

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Why does it say trial running then? 

Due to the myQ cloud access fee, there is no trial period on this driver, however, you can request a free fully functional showroom licence.  @msgreenf, thanks for pointing that out - the driver, was doing exactly what it was meant to in blocking unlicensed accounts, but we can see how that messaging was confusing -  we’ve now updated our licence server so that message is no longer displayed for this myQ driver, to avoid confusion.

1 hour ago, Leighm0 said:

the email I got says the following.. so it certainly seems like a trial is available - its just separate to the usual Showroom license they offered.

image.png.12c603b7827993310d9e3241b0d47ea3.png

Also noted they do not include the driver in the Control4 Driver Pack, even though the pack used to state "Every time a new Control4 driver is added to our website we also add it free of charge to all existing Control4 driver packs" - this text has since been changed to mention it doesn't in regards to "Intrinsic Licensed Partner Integration drivers" i.e. myQ 

image.png.536edd3e84144e8848692093fea34009.png

That message in the "Driver Status" field was confusing - we've already updated our licence server to make things clearer.

Trial licences - due to the myQ cloud licensing fee, our standard two week trial is not available for this driver.  If you purchase this for a client and they are unhappy, we do offer a full refund within the first three days.

Showroom Licences - these are provided free of charge and have no expiry - you have to apply separately for a showroom myQ licence, as we're not able to include it in our normal showroom driver pack.

no problem; just have to get customers to trust forking over money without trying it and I don't have a MyQ to tell them I have tested it and I know it will work.  Ditched Chamberlain a long time ago due to their practices and went with Genie Aladdin when I needed an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

that is what it was doing for me - you tell me I have a demo license, I expect the driver to function...

Completely understand, as you hadn't made a purchase, the driver was picking up our standard two-week trial message which isn't applicable for the myQ driver.  This has now been changed to avoid any confusion.  That message on your system will update shortly automatically.  You can get a fully functional copy of the driver, with no expiry by requesting a showroom licence here:

https://www.intrinsicdev.com/showroom-license-request/

5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

no problem; just have to get customers to trust forking over money without trying it and I don't have a MyQ to tell them I have tested it and I know it will work.  Ditched Chamberlain a long time ago due to their practices and went with Genie Aladdin when I needed an upgrade.

Understood.  We've spent nearly three years work on this partnership with Chamberlain to ensure long term support through an API changes, as customer confidence is important (our CEO used to be a dealer and understands first hand the frustrations dealers face!).  To that end, he has also agreed that if you do purchase this for a client and they aren't happy with the solution, we'd offer a three day window to provide a full refund, which should make it easier to sell/effectively give a way of trialing.

4 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Is there a process or will there be a process for customers who upgrade their controller to switch the driver to the new controller Mac Address?