C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev and myQ announce official partnership

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

But those connectors were standard relay contacts back in the day.  My garage has a hard wired switch on my 2011 Chamberlain opener that just closes the connection.

Yes I said MyQ versions (which was 2013) - before that chamberlain (and sub brands) were like any other brand, standard relays. For awhile, early MyQ doors would still react to a relay closures (essentially shorts of the data connection) but it would reset any of their fancy wall units (that displayed date and time) and if you had 'other' items attached (i.e. external lights) they wouldn't react at all or do funky stuff.

5 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Screenshot 2024-02-26 220747.png

We have undertaken testing this morning and it appears Control4 have taken the regrettable step of blocking new connections of the driver at some point during the night (note we are UK based). Existing integrations are still working without issues. We assume Control4 will clarify the situation at some point. This is now with our legal counsel and we have no further information we can share at this time. 

4 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

We have undertaken testing this morning and it appears Control4 have taken the regrettable step of blocking new connections of the driver at some point during the night (note we are UK based). Existing integrations are still working without issues. We assume Control4 will clarify the situation at some point. This is now with our legal counsel and we have no further information we can share at this time. 

Best of luck to ya'll. 🫡

36 minutes ago, House72 said:

I assume new install will not work still. I missed when I could have had this installed.

The driver above will install and work. You need to get a license from @IntrinsicGroup though. I’m not sure they will sell one right now. 

On 3/2/2024 at 4:51 PM, DanITman said:

Does the driver still work for those that have purchased it?

Yes, so long as it was installed before Control4 forcibly blocked it you'll be fine. This isn't a driver issue. If you attempted to install it after they imposed the block you can contact us for a refund or hold off to see if Control4 provide us with any more information.

On 3/2/2024 at 4:56 PM, DanITman said:

Ok, so c4 is blocking the install not the actual api calls. Thank you. 

Yes, there are no issues with the driver or our relationship with Chamberlain. Control4 have chosen to forcibly block this official integration. This is now sadly a legal matter.

If you install any other platforms their drivers are on the way. RTI is launching today and others will follow shortly.

On 3/2/2024 at 5:06 PM, Topfox said:

Funny that I have the driver installed but no license. Was waiting on a new controller before buying the license. 

If the driver was installed you should be fine. The driver is available for sale on our website for those that have installed it and still need to obtain a license. If you experience any issues please submit a support request on our website.

On 3/3/2024 at 10:15 AM, Neo1738 said:

Mine still works, glad I got in when I did. Sorry you spent all that time getting a contract with myq for them to do this. Very not cool. 

Glad it's working well for you... thanks, the more support we have from dealers regarding this unprecedented situation the more likely we are to get it over turned.

22 hours ago, JSTRONG said:

For those of you that have it working , are you still getting push alerts of opening and closings on your phone.?  It works here but not notifications. 

I don't believe alerts are sent from the driver so it's possible this is part of the block by C4 but hard to say for sure. It may be isolated to your system. If you'd like to submit a support request we can see if it's anything we can help with.

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Topfox said:

@IntrinsicGroup is this resolved?  Noticed the disclaimer is gone from your website. 

We haven't received an update from Control4, however, Chamberlain have confirmed their long term support for our integration to them, which Control4 stated was their main concern. Everyone who has installed the driver over the last few weeks has done so without any issues, hence we have removed the disclaimer.