C4 Forums | Control4

First! Josh.ai integrating with C4

Shoe

53 minutes ago, GregCAMS said:

essentially that's correct = josh front end and c4 supporting system similar to other systems currently in my project (i.e. Lutron, etc.).  Visiting Josh HQ with dealer in April in Denver to just get a tour/look see around and hopefully have them show firsthand the differences between the options mentioned previously.

Going with neutral vendors on subsystems is the way to go if you have doubts about which overall control system you want. Control4 has always done an excellent job supporting different ones. 

34 minutes ago, therockhr said:

Roomie Remote uses an unsupported API

As do some others, based on logitech media service - but that wasn't what C4 used to begin with.

Official partnership rules out using unofficial API use though, so stuck - and yes the official API sucks (though that is still more the fault of Spotify/Apple than it is Sonos)

I have a C4 matrix, but considering building a Sonos based multi-zone amp myself using an array of hacked sonos speaker guts. The trueplay intrigues me.

There is a rumor that Sonos has a new pro amp (likely rack mounted) coming out this year for between $3k and 5k or something like that. Unclear on whether it’s multi-zone or more of a receiver/port replacement with significantly upgraded internals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Topspin14m said:

There is a rumor that Sonos has a new pro amp (likely rack mounted) coming out this year for between $3k and 5k or something like that. Unclear on whether it’s multi-zone or more of a receiver/port replacement with significantly upgraded internals.

We’ve heard that rumor for several years.  HEOS has been doing it for under $3k (HEOS Drive).  It’d be a fantastic piece of it comes to fruition.  At that point, it seems that it’d be time to sort out the api and driver so that it allows the use of steaming audio miniapps versus the current 2 app solution for searching tracks etc within the C4 ecosystem.  At that point, it’d ding Ryff pretty good I suppose, so I wonder.  

I hear the argument every day that the fact that you can only access playlists and favorites from a C4 navigator is not a problem.  I see it as one   I find that most of the people that don’t view it as an issue are Spotify users that have to use 2 apps already.  Not everyone is a Spotify user and native is an all in one distributed audio solution. 

I’d like to hope that this new Connect RRM allows for deeper integration of 3rd party products like Sonos (considering it’d be a seriously competitive alternative solution to native).   

We’ve heard that rumor for several years.  HEOS has been doing it for under $3k (HEOS Drive).  It’d be a fantastic piece of it comes to fruition.  At that point, it seems that it’d be time to sort out the api and driver so that it allows the use of steaming audio miniapps versus the current 2 app solution for searching tracks etc within the C4 ecosystem.  At that point, it’d ding Ryff pretty good I suppose, so I wonder.  

I hear the argument every day that the fact that you can only access playlists and favorites from a C4 navigator is not a problem.  I see it as one   I find that most of the people that don’t view it as an issue are Spotify users that have to use 2 apps already.  Not everyone is a Spotify user and native is an all in one distributed audio solution. 
I’d like to hope that this new Connect RRM allows for deeper integration of 3rd party products like Sonos (considering it’d be a seriously competitive alternative solution to native).   

Roon fixes the integration issue, though I wish the room grouping with Roon and C4 worked.

9 hours ago, Topspin14m said:

Not holding my breath. If I decide to take the time I can do a rack solution for about $125 a channel of 100w or $250 a zone. Takes about 45 minutes a channel to gut and solder. Just not ready to take the time. Not totally sold that this would solve my needs as the situation with Josh is fluid.

Not holding my breath. If I decide to take the time I can do a rack solution for about $125 a channel of 100w or $250 a zone. Takes about 45 minutes a channel to gut and solder. Just not ready to take the time. Not totally sold that this would solve my needs as the situation with Josh is fluid.

It would make complete sense for Sonos to offer something more “pro,” so I do believe it, but they also seem more geared towards DIY and speaker sales right now. Like many, I just have all my Sonos amps in rack mounts now anyway, but it takes up a lot of space. If I had your skills, that would be awesome.

52 minutes ago, Shoe said:

Sounds like you have a business building custom Sonos ;)

45 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Sounds like you have a business building custom Sonos

Nah. But it's possible. The Ikea sonos speakers can be modified for line and bridged to do 100w mono. My design racks them vertical instead of 1u like this one.

image.thumb.png.453416140fa72a77ba72850e0f7e5906.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.