C4 Forums | Control4

What The Heck!!!

takitezsdc

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do know that the terms of that forum bind you from discussing anything on it outside of it? )

Then go on then. Ban him from that forum. Have your own silly little "closed forum". Who gives a """". Has everyone forgotten there are actually two forums. This is hypocritical IMHO. To be saying this sort of thing (about a closed forum)..on an "open" forum like this. Thank goodness this one does in fact remain "open". For the benefit of EVERYONE :) "know what I mean" ;)

I just got off an interesting phone call. I may change my mind here...Control4 is taking an interesting stance with somebody who is a large proponent of their products.

Interesting... ...VERY CURIOUS

I do not know if you noticed but they deleted some of my post.

I dont know code, or any of that jazz, and spend 20 minutes swearing at my TV when for whatever reason it decides, it wont respond....all i know how to do is reset the controller.....

that being said -- not only is this forum informative, with posts like this its hell of entertaining!!!!

I just don't get what the big deal is??? -- what Dan did, i guarantee probably 1% of all C4 users could probably pull off.....as for most of us -- c4 might as well be in a foreign language :)

All i know is that there are TONS of great posters on here, who are always willing to help, probably first on the list is Dan.....it would be a shame not to see him hanging around here anymore.

I work in sales professionally, and the one thing that frustrates me about c4, is that sometimes greedy dealers give the company a bad name.....

I guess its like anything, a couple of greedy asses ruin the image for everyone....

The more I read this thread the more I realize that I will not invest more in my system until control4 decides that it want to be partners with their customers as opposed to it's dealers. To me in the age of blogs and social media it would seem more important then ever to have an enthusiastic customer base. If I were thinking of buying a system right now and stumbled upon this forum I would have second thoughts. Last I have no idea why the dealers are so nervous. I have a copy of composer and have only used once to add a remote. However I have poked around it enough to know that if I really wanted a working a system I would call my dealer who has always treated me great, delivered as promised and even taken care of things I didn't consider their responsibility. From speaking with them recently even in this down economy they are doing well. What dealers should really fear is when the answer to ever question about improving your system is "call your dealer" pay more money. This works the first few times but then once you realize the expense of calling each time it gets old. Especially when your friends have harmony remotes and can do things like adding a discrete code to a remote without calling a dealer. It makes the customer feel used and foolish. Bottom line I have no idea why C4 has taken the stance they have but for now I stay put until something changes.

You can always start your own company, build the application and give it away for free.

Thanks for pointing that out, its good to know that i have options.

Seriously though, i was sharing my thoughts and personal experience, I'm sure there are others that have had a similar experience to mine.

That's what this forum is for isn't it?

That's interesting, i don't get why they are so pissed...I too have spent a good amount of money on my C4 gear (20k or so), and have another 30k or so to go...this all makes me kind of second guess this whole thing as well, it sounds like C4 is going down a path i'm not interested in supporting. I hope im wrong, but it sounds like like thats not the case.

Dan, you are a huge contributor to this forum and they would only be hurting themselves if you were banned. I appreciate and have enjoyed reading your posts over the several months i've been here.

No class. Posting someone's email and asking others to "tell him how they feel" is a slimy move.

The story you've posted is one side of the story, I'm sure Paul has another side to the story.

I haven't met many people more patient and willing to come to an understanding than Paul, so I can only imagine how your conversation went.

I've personally lost a lot of respect for "ILoveC4" due to this low-class move.

RyanE

I don't think the dealers are nervous. I like this forum!! I bet Control4 likes this forum or at least some of their employees like this forum. Lets get back to what cool things we can do and away from finding easter eggs and evil villians.

Edit: ILoveC4 your are acting just like my 14 year old! No wonder! Lost my respect!

So to prove how wrong it was to be chewed out like his q3 yr old son' date='

You posted his email?

Don't act like a 13 yr old and then whine when someone calls you on it.[/quote']

Please record conversation next time and put it on youtube as proof.

HE said it was like that. I don't need to prove it.

I said he acted like it by posting the email address. (which he has removed)

What the crap do you want me to prove?

Crap, even he said it was low class, so just what are you trying to chime in with?

So to prove how wrong it was to be chewed out like his q3 yr old son' date='

You posted his email?

Don't act like a 13 yr old and then whine when someone calls you on it.[/quote']

Please record conversation next time and put it on youtube as proof.

HE said it was like that. I don't need to prove it.

I said he acted like it by posting the email address. (which he has removed)

What the crap do you want me to prove?

Crap, even he said it was low class, so just what are you trying to chime in with?

I was asking Dan to record his conversation and post it on youtube. Just adding to the stupidity of the thread.

Archived