C4 Forums | Control4

What The Heck!!!

takitezsdc

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Yes, I agree with you, the GUI and the increased perfromance along with the new controller or HC-1000. That I understand. But, to say that a PC interface alone is a reason for or against to me sounds shallow.

At any rate, it doesn't matter anymore does it. Whistle blew and probably this will be a pay-for-use feature (?) Is that what I'm reading?

^What does this issue have to do with upgrading? Absolutely nothing!

Why throw more good money after bad if you don't like the direction that the company is going - maybe it is a time to switch before you spend more cash.

I am in the same situation do I bother upgrading from 1.7.something?

^Yes, I agree with you, the GUI and the increased perfromance along with the new controller or HC-1000. That I understand. But, to say that a PC interface alone is a reason for or against to me sounds shallow.

:)

I just find this funny as reasons to upgrade:

GUI alone = Good Reason

PC Interface = shallow?? :rolleyes:

btw, I would think that an upgrade to an HC100 at any version will increase performance

Just saying, ;)

Let me get this straight. Many of you have ILLEGALLY obtained copies of composer so you can do things to your project and refuse to update to 2.0 beacuse you will lose that.

CONTROL4 IS NOT A DIY PRODUCT. IT NEVER WAS NOR IS CRESTRON OR AMX OR MANY OTHER AUTOMATION COMPANIES!!!! you are using STOLEN software and think you have the right to sit here and complain about the direction of a company which was never going your direction in the first place..

go get a harmony system and enjoy it and stop complaining that there are additional steps being placed to stop consumers from screwing up their systems. If you are getting nickel and dimed by a dealer i am sorry. Some of us are good dealers but we keep our customers so happy they dont even go on the internet looking for answers to their C4 system because it works how its supposed to. With that said i have fixed a few consumers systems from this board all of which are extremely happy with the work provided and the prices.

You guys can keep whining but at the end of the day you are breaking the law using copyrighted software which you are not licensed to use and obtained illegally, you KNEW 100% KNEW that Control4 is a DEALER ONLY SYSTEM and that it is NOT DIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the current exploit for using flash on your computer has been fixed in the new build of composer and guess what.. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LICENSE IT!!!! It will be supported. Currently there are issues with using the files in the way Dan has shown thus it was not talked about. There are new features coming out very soon. Chill out and wait for them. You will be happy you waited.

Also the current exploit for using flash on your computer has been fixed in the new build of composer and guess what.. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LICENSE IT!!!! It will be supported. Currently there are issues with using the files in the way Dan has shown thus it was not talked about. There are new features coming out very soon. Chill out and wait for them. You will be happy you waited.

Kevin L- explain to me why I should buy a widget that allows me to control through my PC?

Yeh, Bring on the C4 Beatles App.

Stop your website loading for 24 hours

Put a couple of world clocks on there...

Put the leaks out to your "rumour" and "insider" forums, but gag all your employees...

Then release the earth shattering news..

Now there's how to release a new feature to market :D

Kevin L- explain to me why I should buy a widget that allows me to control through my PC?

It wouldn't be a widget! :P

you bought your system with the 100% factual knowledge that you would be using the ON SCREEN from a control4 device, a Control4 touch screen or a 3rd party paid application... there was never any promise of getting free control from your computer... if you want it pay for it..

Are you kidding me? So composer HE or ME does not give any DIY aspect to this product? To suggest that any technology product like home automation, home theater, etc, etc does not have a DIY aspect to it is absurd. These products are as personal as computers for ALOT of people and they want them to work, look and sound the way THEY want. Sure there are plenty of people that are happy to have it installed and never have to touch it again, just have it work. But there are just as many, like almost everyone on this forum I suspect, who are technology junkies and want the coolest thing they can afford whether it's for functionality, hobby or both and love to tweak it without having to pay someone to do it every single time. This whole issue is more about technology junkies getting frowned upon when they come up with cool ways to use THEIR OWN system that they paid for, that didn't come from a Dealer or C4, just their own creativity. Choosing to ignore that, dig in your heels and say this is it, take it or leave it is a complete failure to listen to what the customer is saying.

Archived