C4 Forums | Control4

What The Heck!!!

takitezsdc

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably someone who knows that advertising the fact that you're doing this makes it more likely to *not* work at some point in the future.

Personally, I think the better strategy is to keep it a 'public secret'.

RyanE

What does that mean? That by doing this, it might break our system? or ? I dont see how that is possible unless you start tinkering with the files. Just using it to control .................our C4 system using a computer as a NAV, I dont think it will " not work at some point int the future" ?

What does that mean? That by doing this, it might break our system? or ? I dont see how that is possible unless you start tinkering with the files.

No, I'm not implying that this would be harmful to your system, just that advertising it all over makes it more likely that it *won't* work in the next version.

RyanE

What does that mean? That by doing this' date=' it might break our system? or ? I dont see how that is possible unless you start tinkering with the files.[/quote']

No, I'm not implying that this would be harmful to your system, just that advertising it all over makes it more likely that it *won't* work in the next version.

RyanE

Why not? Why would you take this feature out??? That makes no sense! It's a great feature to have and would help you sell more C4 products! More features like this gives the end user more " control" over thier system. = more people want .

Why not? Why would you take this feature out??? That makes no sense! It's a great feature to have and would help you sell more C4 products! More features like this gives the end user more " control" over thier system. = more people want .

I'm sure they don't want to eliminate this permanently, but they probably don't want to give it away for free either. If things change with future releases, don't update or insist on 2.0.4.

What does that mean? That by doing this' date=' it might break our system? or ? I dont see how that is possible unless you start tinkering with the files.[/quote']

RyanE

I can't see where you are coming from here but I can't make much sense out of this feature as it is. Who wants to entertain while siting at a PC turning on music or lights? Get back to basics- Control4 is a product advertised as being easy to use for just about anyone. Working a system from a Dell is archaic, controlling from a fingertip is now.

RyanE

I can't see where you are coming from here but I can't make much sense out of this feature as it is. Who wants to entertain while siting at a PC turning on music or lights? Get back to basics- Control4 is a product advertised as being easy to use for just about anyone. Working a system from a Dell is archaic, controlling from a fingertip is now.

I do!.....................and its SUPER fast! Much eaiser for me to use my laptop when I am in kitchen at my counter ( surfing web or doing work ) vs getting up and using my 7".

RyanE

So what about a 22 inch touch panel from HP for the price of a Control4 touch panel?

Remember this...

This is one of the feautures I planned the system around.

I also have a 26"HP Touchsmart mounted on the wall. It is perfect because instead of going through the TV just go to the PC on the wall that is always on.

By the way, does this mean I can POP-UP my camera views via this navigator from a motion detection event or something? That means I'll get another touchscreen computer.

Keep it Alive

See dealers! People here willung to spend $$$ because of this.

Why do these dealers see me as an enemy? What am I doing wrong?

Lets hope just cracking the Da Vinci Code. Nothing illegal, or anything subject to IP... ;)

Tyndale once wrote that the Church authorities banned translation of the Bible into English “to keep the world still in darkness, to the intent they might sit in the consciences of the people, through vain superstition and false doctrine, to satisfy their filthy lusts, their proud ambition, and insatiable covetousness, and to exalt their own honour... above God himself.” Just remember who controls everything here...and that Tyndale was eventually beheaded....

The more ways we get to use our beloved C4 the better....The "Church" should have realised this long ago IMHO. But heck. What do we, the customers (congregation) know? I'd pay for two or three more different "bibles"...just to enjoy my "religion" (obsession) as many ways as I can... :)

Lets hope just cracking the Da Vinci Code. Nothing illegal' date=' or anything subject to IP... ;)

Tyndale once wrote that the Church authorities banned translation of the Bible into English “to keep the world still in darkness, to the intent they might sit in the consciences of the people, through vain superstition and false doctrine, to satisfy their filthy lusts, their proud ambition, and insatiable covetousness, and to exalt their own honour... above God himself.” Just remember who controls everything here...and that Tyndale was eventually beheaded....

The more ways we get to use our beloved C4 the better....The "Church" should have realised this long ago IMHO. But heck. What do we, the customers (congregation) know? I'd pay for two or three more different "bibles"...just to enjoy my "religion" (obsession) as many ways as I can... :)[/quote']

amen brotha! PREECH!

for one you are acting like a child.. You think you are doing the community a service by posting how to videos and constantly posting info all over this site. I would say there is now a 100% yes 100% chance that in the next 2.0 build which is going into beta in a few weeks that this open part of nav will be 100% CLOSED....

sometimes finding out information and cool tricks does not mean you should post it on your website for all to see.. You want to be popular so bad and be the cool guy who has all of the C4 knowledge but its NEVER going to happen with the things you do and the way you act..

your reasoning is flawed and you are just opening up a nasty can of worms.. There are reasons you aren't on c4central anymore and every day they are more and more evident

Archived