C4 Forums | Control4

Experience Button Icons Drivers

VINCELdUB

On 3/28/2020 at 11:50 AM, RyanE said:

Yes, you extract the .c4z, make changes, and re-zip the .c4z.

.c4z files are just .zip files.

You can use *any* zip software as long as it uses the zip standard, and doesn't encrypt the file.

RyanE

Thanks for your reply RyanE. That is what I thought had to be done, but  C4 could not read it afterwards. I was using the native zip/compress feature in windows 10. Tried winzip instead and problem solved. Not sure why but just a heads up if anyone else runs into the same problem. 

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

33 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Are you not comfortable with simply favoriting the shade (or shade group) to the rooms home screen? This is what I do and it gives an open (or closed) shade experience button.

I do that, but my wife wants various buttons where a group of shades will be set to varying levels or patterns.  For example she has one where she wants 3 blinds to cover the top third of the windows and another for morning hours where 4 shades are each at different levels.

4 hours ago, jfh said:

I do that, but my wife wants various buttons where a group of shades will be set to varying levels or patterns.  For example she has one where she wants 3 blinds to cover the top third of the windows and another for morning hours where 4 shades are each at different levels.

Got you... I can’t think of any Experience Button that would work that.  The Blackwire Emoji driver may be the best option and program various emojis to mean different things... but off the top of my head, I don’t think any of the, would intuitively look sensible for what you are after.

8 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Huh?

System performance was noticeably worse and CPU utilization was higher when the emoji drivers were in use.  That was running 2.9.x something.  I have not revisited it with OS3.

23 minutes ago, jfh said:

System performance was noticeably worse and CPU utilization was higher when the emoji drivers were in use.  That was running 2.9.x something.  I have not revisited it with OS3.

I would have to say I can only doubt that the emoji 'driver' does ANYTHING to your system. They are essentially little more than custom icons for basic Experience button drivers...

If your system is heavily affected by using a lot of changing Experience buttons in general (meaning, you have  alot of experience buttons that have outside reasons to change their state) then that's due to programming or an underpowered system, but at least it would make sense - the Emoji driver in and of itself makes little sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

I would have to say I can only doubt that the emoji 'driver' does ANYTHING to your system. They are essentially little more than custom icons for basic Experience button drivers...

If your system is heavily affected by using a lot of changing Experience buttons in general (meaning, you have  alot of experience buttons that have outside reasons to change their state) then that's due to programming or an underpowered system, but at least it would make sense - the Emoji driver in and of itself makes little sense to me.

I didn’t actually use a lot of the emojis but had at least a couple from each driver group. I have a pretty large number of devices running on an EA5 so maybe that tipped things. Maybe memory was an issue,  I never spent the time to revisit it after the drivers were removed.   It really doesn’t matter though since I found the emoji drivers to be more of a cool gimmick with very few I’d actually use.  But, at the time, removing the emoji drivers was the only other change to the system and kept the before/after experience as clean as possible.

I use many of the buttons in the Chowmain EB suite and I would really like to see more common ones added.  But in the meantime I will look to work on some of my own experience buttons.  I was just hoping someone had already done ones I would use without having to reinvent the wheel.

22 hours ago, jfh said:

I didn’t actually use a lot of the emojis but had at least a couple from each driver group. I have a pretty large number of devices running on an EA5 so maybe that tipped things. Maybe memory was an issue,  I never spent the time to revisit it after the drivers were removed.   It really doesn’t matter though since I found the emoji drivers to be more of a cool gimmick with very few I’d actually use.  But, at the time, removing the emoji drivers was the only other change to the system and kept the before/after experience as clean as possible.

I use many of the buttons in the Chowmain EB suite and I would really like to see more common ones added.  But in the meantime I will look to work on some of my own experience buttons.  I was just hoping someone had already done ones I would use without having to reinvent the wheel.

My (layman’s) understanding is that number of drivers/devices (and each emoji driver would count - I think) could be an issue.  I pushed my EA5 over the edge at about 700 (from memory) drivers / devices.  My dealer and I cleaned up my project at that stage (deleting 50 or so items) and that bought me a month or two until my CA10 arrived. The CA10 is a beast and I have never looked back (although refreshing navigators - which was super fast at first - has slowed down a bit again, probably because my count of drivers and devices is now over 1,000 and some of them (like the Blackwire Emoji driver and bTimer driver) are large in size due to the multiple graphics in each driver.

• 2 months later...

@alanchow any chance for you to add a Shade (with open and close logo states) to your experience button suite? And add the ability to show the button on the Shade screen? For me, I have Qmotion shades and there is no group button. So I have macros for each room to open and close the group of shades and I have assigned these macros to Experience Buttons. I have now Favorite these buttons but it would be nice to also show the buttons in the Shade menu AND for the Favorite menu to show the shade state in the icon. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, C4 User said:

@alanchow any chance for you to add a Shade (with open and close logo states) to your experience button suite? And add the ability to show the button on the Shade screen? For me, I have Qmotion shades and there is no group button. So I have macros for each room to open and close the group of shades and I have assigned these macros to Experience Buttons. I have now Favorite these buttons but it would be nice to also show the buttons in the Shade menu AND for the Favorite menu to show the shade state in the icon. Thank you.

There is a Control4 Blind Group driver in composer that probably accomplishes what you're trying to do very easily. 

1 hour ago, mstafford388 said:

There is a Control4 Blind Group driver in composer that probably accomplishes what you're trying to do very easily. 

I do not see a “Select” option in programming off these buttons. Can you tell me which action to program the Macro execution off of if using the blind group driver?

58 minutes ago, C4 User said:

I do not see a “Select” option in programming off these buttons. Can you tell me which action to program the Macro execution off of if using the blind group driver?

you select the shades in the driver properties.

What Matt said.  Also, you won't need a macro, it will show up just like any individual shade on the interface it'll just control a group of them.  Cool thing is you can actually hide all the individual shades to give a clean interface but if you press and hold the shade group icon it'll pop up individual control.

1 hour ago, mstafford388 said:

What Matt said.  Also, you won't need a macro, it will show up just like any individual shade on the interface it'll just control a group of them.  Cool thing is you can actually hide all the individual shades to give a clean interface but if you press and hold the shade group icon it'll pop up individual control.

Do you know if this works with Qmotion? I was told it does not. If it does that would be great. Thanks so much.

15 hours ago, C4 User said:

Do you know if this works with Qmotion? I was told it does not. If it does that would be great. Thanks so much.

It does on their new driver.  The blind group driver needs the blinds to be on the V2 shade proxy.  Easiest way to tell is if they are is the blinds would show up under their own Shades icon on the interface. 

On 8/14/2020 at 10:18 AM, mstafford388 said:

It does on their new driver.  The blind group driver needs the blinds to be on the V2 shade proxy.  Easiest way to tell is if they are is the blinds would show up under their own Shades icon on the interface. 

Works. Thank you so much!

Can someone post a picture?  Also, once the driver is added, can I add buttons and program which shades are included using HE?  

I take it even though the shades are “grouped”, they are being commanded sequentially, right?  So a group of shades won’t raise/lower synchronously, like they do when I program them as a scene within the Lutron software, correct?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.