C4 Forums | Control4

Permanent ban of wappinghigh

danlevine

Hello Everyone,

After numerous reports of aggressive and abusive behavior, the user wappinghigh has been given a final warning and banned from posting on this site indefinitely.

This community was built to help others, and his behavior directly contradicts this.

If you have any thoughts about this please reply to the thread, I will be monitoring it. 

I am sorry to everyone affected that this didn't happen sooner. 

Dan

• danlevine featured and unfeatured this topic

7 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

He just rants 

Don’t mind the rants.  It’s the hikacking of threads to complain about dealers and hdmi that just became annoying. 

I would have voted to making a Wap thread and just let him post under his own thread.  Imagine all of his musings in 1 place!

I don't think Alex was being agressive or abusive.  Sure he is eccentric and goes off on some rants that really don't have anything to do with Control4 but in the end he wasn't out there to get anyone.

Back when did Control4 installations for Recluse AV i used to program his house up.  Not a bad guy once you get to know him.

The ban is a little ridiculous imo.  This world is full of things that should be bannned and Wap isn’t one of them.  He didn’t curse or taunt, he just had an opposing viewpoint.  What rule did he break?  I see no evidence of aggressive or abusive behavior that wasn’t reciprocated by those engaging him.  Is it that hard to just not engage someone that annoys you?

I think it was more or less him posting in just about every thread about the HDMI gestapo and the Hollywood devils.

super annoying when people are trying to get help or information and he’d come barging in to make 20 posts of the same thing.

Nothing against the guy, but clearly needed to take his angst somewhere else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprised it didn't happen sooner really. He hijacked threads and often went way off topic for no viable reason other than for the sake of debate.  On more then one occasion he's lost himself in the thread and couldn't even explain what he was even arguing about when questioned. IMO it was not a case of just having an opposing viewpoint, it was a case of arguing and ranting for the sake of debate. It took away from the original post and often killed it altogether. Great decision.  

Archived