C4 Forums | Control4

NEEO - Needs access to sessions

ILoveC4

It is coming.  It was delayed due to the fact that sliders on the Neeo firmware didn't support the tap left/right for volume (like the T3), which turned out to be more important than some of us had anticipated...

:)

I'm not promising release date, but it should be soon, and hopefully will be worth the wait.

RyanE

16 hours ago, RyanE said:

It is coming.  It was delayed due to the fact that sliders on the Neeo firmware didn't support the tap left/right for volume (like the T3), which turned out to be more important than some of us had anticipated...

:)

I'm not promising release date, but it should be soon, and hopefully will be worth the wait.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan. There's a couple of things that have me setting the NEEO back on my desk and grabbing my phone. That's one of them.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:04 PM, ILoveC4 said:

On the NEEO, I need the ability to join an existing session. Why is this not here? Is it coming?

Join a session? What does this mean? (Considering a NEEO)

Join a session? What does this mean? (Considering a NEEO)

I’m sitting in Room 1 with the NEEO in my hand. I have music playing in Room 2. I want to use the NEEO to have Room 1 to play what Room 2 is listening to. This is easy to do on every interface except the NEEO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Other than this limitation, how do you like the NEEO as an SR-260 replacement? 

I really enjoy the NEEO. Initially I felt like it needed more buttons. I don’t feel that way now. If you’re a big “channel surfer” that uses the number buttons a lot you may miss those. That said, I’m buying more NEEO’s as aging SR260’s finally bite the dust. I fear my kids will break these screens, but I hope not? They’ve busted the battery door off every SR remote we’ve ever had and these don’t have one of those, so that’s good.

Thank you. I think I'll give it a try.

You should! If you end up not liking it, they seem to bring great resale value used. It’s quite a different experience than the other remotes, so I’d encourage you to spend some time with it before coming to judgement. Leverage the remote focused buttons and favorites.

On 4/2/2020 at 4:04 PM, ILoveC4 said:

On the NEEO, I need the ability to join an existing session. Why is this not here? Is it coming?

Sessions released in current update, likely see updates starting  tomorrow (default setting Thursdays). I was waiting for Blinds to be added, was nice to finally see that!

1.34.3 (2020-04-08) Changes since last release:

Full Session UX support

Shades integration for Neeo Remote, similar to the SR-260 integration

Volume Pop-up only appears when you have discrete volume.

Volume Pop-up can be disabled through Composer

45 minutes ago, cidle323 said:

Sessions released in current update, likely see updates starting  tomorrow (default setting). I was waiting for Blinds to to added, was nice to finally see that!

1.34.3 (2020-04-08) Changes since last release:

Full Session UX support

Shades integration for Neeo Remote, similar to the SR-260 integration

Volume Pop-up only appears when you have discrete volume.

Volume Pop-up can be disabled through Composer

Nice! I’ll have to go see if mine has Shades support yet. It will free up a remote focused button. 

Stoked for Sessions support too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/12/2020 at 2:58 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

The biggest problem that I have with the Neeo remote (after 5 or 6 months) is that cool new features are released and I don’t realize it until a few days later!

Me too!! I wish after an update they would display a banner or something that says “Check out these new features”.  Maybe spot under settings where they list out the new features in that version / past versions. 

also since the T3s and OSD are getting the same style updates, maybe a spot on those too!

1 hour ago, control4user007 said:

Me too!! I wish after an update they would display a banner or something that says “Check out these new features”.  Maybe spot under settings where they list out the new features in that version / past versions. 

also since the T3s and OSD are getting the same style updates, maybe a spot on those too!

Even an e-mail each time new features are released would be great...

33 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Even an e-mail each time new features are released would be great...

Dealers get emails all the time... 

heres the latest update notes for anyone interested :)

1.42.4 (2020-06-02)

Changes since last release:

• Wake and Sleep, supports sleep timer and a wakeup recipe ("good morning")
  • New Driver property page in Composer
  • Improved scrollbar behavior
  • Improvement in Active media image loading
  • Neeo-Spotify Connect: added appropriate message notifying user how to proceed
  • Neeo-Spotify: added screen notifying user "How to stream from Spotify"
  • Lists are improved, i.e. list flickering issue when changing manual brightness

Bugfixes:

[BEAR-4217] - Neeo - Spotify Connect: "No results found" for Save New Preset (see note)

[BEAR-4243] - Neeo - Spotify Connect: No instruction on how to stream from Spotify (redirect customers to set up the service on their mobile devices)

[BEAR-1369] - Fix incorrect recovery screen

[BEAR-3647] - Neeo on 1.20.4 / Navigating to Account Settings of streaming services terminates in error

[BEAR-4235] - Neeo - New Software Available goes into loops while in low battery mode

[BEAR-4045] - New Hardware: Fix remote is unusable if downgraded to lower version than 1.32.1

Thanks 

M

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.