C4 Forums | Control4

Retrofit blinds

adam333

I bought a spec home about 8 months ago with the intention of living in it for a year as my other house was remodeled, but after 2 weeks in the new house, I decided to stay in the new house and sell my other house and spent 6 months remodeling the spec house. I had a C4 system installed that controls every single thing in the house, and none of the work was done while the house was being built. 

I had Luna shades installed on most of my windows, and they easily integrate with C4. I also have 2 sets of drapes, one with a curtain rod about 20 feet long.  I added a Somfy motor to it, which automates the drapes and makes them easy to open/close using the C4 system.  All the drapes were custom made, but the mechanics of it integrates well with everything else I have on my system. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2018 at 7:27 AM, adam333 said:

I noticed amazon has motorized kits that you can retrofit on your existing blinds.   The problem is that it uses Bluetooth.  

Does anyone know of a system like this that would hook up to c4 or IFTTT

MySmartBlinds...??? maybe?  It has a hub coming out in April 2018 that has options.

https://www.mysmartblinds.com/

Zwave option:   http://www.myiblinds.com/     www.kickstarter.com/projects/iblinds/iblinds-home-automation-for-your-window-blinds

On 2/21/2018 at 10:52 PM, ecschnei said:

MySmartBlinds...??? maybe?  It has a hub coming out in April 2018 that has options.

https://www.mysmartblinds.com/

Zwave option:   http://www.myiblinds.com/     www.kickstarter.com/projects/iblinds/iblinds-home-automation-for-your-window-blinds

Yeah looks like a possibility, but it’s connected via Bluetooth. So you would need a lot of these smart hub’sYeah looks like a possibility, but it’s connected via Bluetooth. So you would need a lot of these smart hub’s

Yeah looks like a possibility, but it’s connected via Bluetooth. So you would need a lot of these smart hub’sYeah looks like a possibility, but it’s connected via Bluetooth. So you would need a lot of these smart hub’s
That was my thought when it said Bluetooth but I don't know which version of Bluetooth they're using whether they're getting any better range out of it. But why you would use a home appliance that utilizes Bluetooth in an environment that already has WiFi seemed odd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Qmotion blinds are really easy to retrofit. They do zigbee controlled versions that integrate directly with C4 and are reliable. They even do battery operated blinds, the batteries last about a year to 18 months depending on how much you use them and they are surpisingly fast and quiet when they operate. 

16 hours ago, SMHarman said:

I installed amazon available morning rising motors and then got the matterlink multi-x and the driver to control them.

The Z-Wave ones correct?  Looks like they are more than the Somfy?

Please I would like to know if you can use this in a Cellular shades" Hunter Douglas?
Cellular shades don't rise and fall on a roller. This is a roller shade. I don't know cellular shade mechanics, someone else would need to advise.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, SMHarman said:
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, EDDY7 said:
Please I would like to know if you can use this in a Cellular shades" Hunter Douglas?

Cellular shades don't rise and fall on a roller. This is a roller shade. I don't know cellular shade mechanics, someone else would need to advise.

Thanks for your help

On 3/22/2018 at 9:16 PM, EDDY7 said:

There are somfy products to retrofit HD cellular shades. Google about. You get the motors, power and adapter to mate the motor to the transmission. You may also consider replacing the shades with new cellular units with motors.

1 minute ago, Pounce said:

There are somfy products to retrofit HD cellular shades. Google about. You get the motors, power and adapter to mate the motor to the transmission. You may also consider replacing the shades with new cellular units with motors.

Please do you have to change the actual HD Head rail or your just connect the Somfy product? Please you tried it or know someone who have

4 hours ago, EDDY7 said:

Please do you have to change the actual HD Head rail or your just connect the Somfy product? Please you tried it or know someone who have

These are great questions. The google does have several responses for retrofitting cellular shades. You know more about the shades you have than we do so you may want to poke through a few of the articles on the internet to determine if what you have can be retrofitted by the parts offered and if the level of effort required to do so is worth your time and money.

Again, pricing new shades with motors is maybe also a good idea. You may find you want to change or upgrade the actual shades while you are at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived