C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 media management is a joke. It really is and you all know it..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Search is the key to the world. Apple first, now Google has built their entire business on search. Yet Control4 has *never* done anything about search.

Over and out.

I dont think Apple built it's business on search, but ok

iTunes was originally a purchased product.  The only reason they got into the software business of media management was to support the iPod.  Remember when apple told everyone to rip CD"s to use with your iPod?  If you recall, when the first iPod came to Windows it didnt have itunes.  iTunes was built to sell music...search was a bi-product to selling hardware and media.

Agree - I dont think iTunes is a great media management software at all.  I think it has flaws too.  The larger your library, the more the flaws show....

Yup, my iTunes (Win7Pro) crashes 1/3 startups.  Then it has to check the iTunes Library - Yawn....

C4 looks at the same folder, same tunes, no problems.

One thing that really pisses me off:

Doesn't matter how many different media storage you add to your project, control4 merge all and show only 1 movie icon on myhome app, messing everything.

You cannot have 1 storage for movies, 1 for music videos, 1 for personal videos.

Doesn't matter how many different media storage you add to your project, control4 merge all and show only 1 movie icon on myhome app, messing everything.

You cannot have 1 storage for movies, 1 for music videos, 1 for personal videos.

isn't that the point though to be format and device and storage location agnostic.

They need the TiVo universal search to add to that imho.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

You would simply browse this using genres such as..."movie video's (Rock)" and "Home Video (kids)".

I can see some use in having a separation in some ways, but I really can't say it's much of an issue.

This would have to be a selectable option if it's added, as part of the point would be that you CAN add multiple storage locations and be ABLE to browse it all in one locations.

If anything, have a few basic check marks available for each file, to separate into Movies/Series/Home Video etc. Then again I don't know a single database/program that would be able to scan/add this info reliably - so you'd be down to doing this manually.

I can't call Control4 Media Management a joke because its not funny..... A total POS would be a fair description IMO

it really needs TV episode and multi disc support. I'm not sure why that hasn't  happened yet. its been way too long at this point. Maybe it will be part of C4 Me or Vista editions?

^Couldn't agree more

For movies and music I would love to see "Recently Added"

Once you add titles to your Library it just gets lost with all the other movies. At that point you really have to know what you are looking for and search alphabetically

I think what Bruno is saying is that the same way that the Music icon brings up all the music selection, Channels icon brings up all the channels available he wants the a separate icon for Music Videos, Home videos. Instead of lumping everything in the Movies icon. I would appreciate that too. When you are looking for movies and you have a large collection you want to see movie titles not music videos or junior's bday

Having separate icons also lessens that amount of titles to scroll through.

Alan to the rescue.

...reading these post you'd think we are looking for something unreasonable, too complicated, too long to implement, frivolous, not important, all the reasons anybody can think why we do not have it.

And there it is...

I really have to look into getting XBMC

It won't be released for a long time.

Due to previous theft of code i am holding back on release of new drivers and work until further notice.  So for now it'll live on only in a few select systems.

Maybe in OS 3.0

It won't be released for a long time.

Due to previous theft of code i am holding back on release of new drivers and work until further notice.  So for now it'll live on only in a few select systems.

Maybe in OS 3.0

Cruel...  Show and Tell everyone about something you have that they want then punish them all because of a single stupid person who has nothing to do with any of the other folks.

Awesome!

Maybe next time just keep it to yourself?

Archived